Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been looking at getting a new exhaust. I was thinking the spoon N1, but now my attention is to the T1R Titanium Axle Back. I like the canister style exhaust, but don't want a loud obnoxious tin can sounding one. I was wondering if people like it and have any pictures or videos of the exhaust on there car. I'd appreciate it.

Here's a picture of the exhaust:

Oh, and I did search, but it returned broken links for pictures and videos. I also didn't get the feedback I wanted.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Zerone. According the that sound clip, it sounds pretty good. TheGSRGuy, do you have anything to back yourself up with, anyone else have any sound clips or pictures of it on their car?

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Sound clips are worthless because it's hard to gauge the volume, and because there are so many other things that can affect the noise.

Just look at the size of the muffler...something that small will not absorb much in the way of sound. It's loud at low RPM, and extremely buzzy and annoying at high RPM.

I really do not recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
hmm, oh well, my only comparison is the ricers that drive by the shopping center every few minutes and a couple friends who have huge resonators and twin loops, so it might be a biased opinion lol

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've looked at Spoon N1, T1R, RS*R EXMag GTII, HKS Hi-Power, Buddy Club Spec II & III, and other but I can't think of the rest.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Hate to tell you this buddy but if it ain't chamebered like previously stated then you won't get a good sounding exhaust. Unfortunately you can't have your cake and eat it too with our cars. If you can pick up the muffler and look straight thru to the other side and especialy if its the small canister type like you have in your picture you will sound like an angry weed wacker. There is no way around it, resonater or not despite what your friends may say. I've talked to speciality muffler shops with real opinions and experts, not the bargain trader "We install Greddy, HKS for $399! Sporty, low tone exhaust!" people. Those shops will only tell you what you want to hear not the truth.

·
Registered
634 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Sep/09/07 said:
Twin loop isn't really that quiet, I don't know why everyone thinks they are. They're only marginally quieter than an N1.
I think they're much quieter. I think the difference is when you're driving around normally without going into vtec or WOT or anything the twin-loop is really quiet. The n1 is loud all the time.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Sep/09/07 said:
Very true.

Safest bets for "quiet": Greddy SP2, Greddy EVO2, Apexi World Sport 2, RSR ExMag, etc.

Note how they're basically all chambered exhausts.

I'd go with the SP2, it's barely audible at idle and has a good tone inside the cabin when accelerating. I have it for my DB8 and highly recommend it.

it's great if you have a stereo in your car, you can still hear the bass and not the resonance of your exhaust notes.

·
Registered
333 Posts
im glad it got dug out. I was considering this system, but now... hytech twin loop looks real nice (and sounds even nicer). I'd rather have a deep exhaust note that makes the car sound like it means business instead of a raspy fart can that lets everyone know im coming a mile before i get there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.