Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right now I have the greddy evo catback. the noice is getting to be too much for me. I dont think it has changed I just dont want such a loud muffler anymore. Im looking for something not too expensive, not very restrictive, and not as loud as my evo. I will do some cutting and welding if i have to in order to get a "universal" muffler to fit. the main thing is reducing the noise, but not creating a HUGE restriction. whats a muffler I could use from what I have told you?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Let me know too, I have the same problems. My infant son would thank me too, don't want to ruin his hearing so early on. It's getting to me too.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
That's funny, I have a quiet Apexi WS and I want the opposite, my exhaust is too quiet but the fit, look and quality is so nice, so I don't want to get rid of it just yet. I want something louder, the WS is too quiet for me.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know the evo is about 88db at 3000rpms. im trying to compare off of that, any numbers people? thanks for the info so far.

·
Registered
685 Posts
you could always put a bigger resonator on the exhaust and see if you can get a silencer...I have one and it is great. When I get sick of the noise I just put it in...then when I am bored of the silence I take it out...
the best of both worlds...

:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got pulled over for my muffler two days ago. I just put in a muffler on my stock exhaust system and a year and half after I got it I get pulled over for it.... anyway I was looking at Greddy SP2 Exhaust maybe that could help you out for your problem as well. does anyone how this sounds on a Teggy?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
If it's the tip on the stock muffler that bothers you then just get a new tip...besides what's so bad about having a tip smaller than 3"? Better than a 4" mellon shooter.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Get a twin loop and you wont be disappointed. I hate loud obnoxious ricer fartcans, and my twin loop sounds nothing like them. Deep and throaty, and it just screams when you get on it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
i have a stock muffler for a 94 LS almost new pipes PM if your intrested

·
Registered
479 Posts
hey guys this might sound like a noobs queastion but is there anyone that can explain to me if i need to replace my whole exhust system to get a flowmaster or some sort of brand?..and if so which is the best brand for exhausts so far?? plz help

·
Registered
599 Posts
If you want quiet and performance go with the WS2 or SP2 muffler. I have personally driven integras with these exhausts systems on and they are indeed quiet with a subtle note. If you want more sound out of it then throw on a test pipe and it'll add some more note to it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
ok, am in the same boat, so i see that Greddy SP2, is quiet and good in performance wise. what about HKS hi power exhaust system? is that quiet also. i like the look and shape oh the HKS, and i would like to buy it, only concern is noise. if its loud, i will go settle for the greddy SP2

·
Registered
599 Posts
conhead on Jun/25/08 said:
ok, am in the same boat, so i see that Greddy SP2, is quiet and good in performance wise. what about HKS hi power exhaust system? is that quiet also. i like the look and shape oh the HKS, and i would like to buy it, only concern is noise. if its loud, i will go settle for the greddy SP2
Just as the exhaust articles mention; straight through mufflers such as the HKS Hi Power, and N1 style mufflers are louder but flows better than the chambered style mufflers such as the WS2 and SP2.

I borrowed a buddy's 5Zigen Fireball axleback and I'll admit the performance was nice but it was too loud for my taste for a daily driver. But they sure do look sexy as hell angled.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts