Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't know much at all when it comes to alarms. Here is what I want to do:

I want to install some dummy switches in areas where I think thieves would look for a kill switch. I want this switch to trigger the alarm, or a set of 2ndary sirens or both. Is there a certain switch I should use for this? For example, I want the alarm to finish its cycle even if I were to use a toggle switch even if they were to set it back into the off position.

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
Simply buy a push button switch, ground one side of it, hook the other side up to a (-) trigger of the alarm....

although i'll through in 2 cents that the idea is kind of pointless, as if a thief is already inside your car and pressing this "fake" switch, they:
1) already bypassed your alarm somehow
2) would have tripped the door trigger getting inside the car in the first place

waste of time and effort if you ask me

·
Registered
124 Posts
you can by a back up siren that has a batery . the way it works. if some one gets in your car and cuts power to the alarm or to the car it will go off and the only way to turn it off is with a special key on the siren

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Sifu, are you saying you'd like to fool the thieves into tripping the alarm? Most good thieves would know that people don't put kill switches out in plain sight and probably wouldn't even touch it.

And yes, they would more than likely have to break into the car to get to that switch, and I hope that it sets off a glass break sensor...

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a back-up battery with sirens inside my car in addition to the one ones under the dash, and under the hood. I live in an area where people are more annoyed by alarms than worried about someone's car getting stolen. I just want to prolonge their pain... I get their hearing, they get my car. - in America, I can probably get sued if they actually lose their hearing while they are trying to steal my car.

I won't say where I want to put my switches, it won't be in the open... I valet parked when I was younger and came across all sorts of switches. I'm pulling ideas from here for my dummy switches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.