Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the log of my beater integra as of the past 3-5 months. it's a 1998 automatic integra with 126k(at the time of og post) miles, i'm the 4th owner, never been in an accident.

i figured i'd post this just to track my car's progress and to get back to an active log of my car.. hopefully i'll be posting my red one up soon as well(i do have my black and white teg's logs. links available in my sig)

so far i've done:
-oil changes
-most of a black interior swap
-sound system(from my previous 2 tegs)
-new tires
-new brakes
-new axle
-new rear motor mount
-new water pump(timing belt and tensioner done 30k ago)
-painted upper interior pieces flat/interior matching black
-installed 20% window tint all around(lifetime warranty, no fade)

it needs
-transmission mount(have, need to install)
-o2 sensor(throws cel, i gave all my o2s away to friends in need)

and here's the pics..

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Auto= fail haha good looking DD, I like the painted interior pieces, need to do that.
it really does. but it's worth it at times.. specially doing delivery work.. or when i can hold my girl's hand the whole time i drive and not have to fling it away to make a down shift. lol. i recommend the painting of interior pieces/black interior upper panels. it looks SOO much better! i need to do the tweeters and some other small pieces. i just did another 'shoot' with the red car to post up a beginning log for it. and later i'll post up all the good/past pictures of it.

·
Registered
654 Posts
it really does. but it's worth it at times.. specially doing delivery work.. or when i can hold my girl's hand the whole time i drive and not have to fling it away to make a down shift. lol. i recommend the painting of interior pieces/black interior upper panels. it looks SOO much better! i need to do the tweeters and some other small pieces. i just did another 'shoot' with the red car to post up a beginning log for it. and later i'll post up all the good/past pictures of it.
dude, same here i thought i was the only one!! everyone always counts the negatives of auto but never account for the positives. i cant manage driving with a "spare-hand-on-the-leg" when i drive stick LOL. hand stays on the shifter at all times.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
This is the story of an owner of 4 Tegs... What a beatiful family.
Shaniqua was dark. :cool:
Molly was Hot & trouble. ;)
Pinky is a firecracker, :p
& Gumby is the mean green Automatic machine!! :D
LOL,
They've got the right owner for TLC. Keep it up Brian!!

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
.. or when i can hold my girl's hand the whole time i drive and not have to fling it away to make a down shift. lol.
dude, same here i thought i was the only one!! everyone always counts the negatives of auto but never account for the positives. i cant manage driving with a "spare-hand-on-the-leg" when i drive stick LOL. hand stays on the shifter at all times.
My girlfriend always thought it was "cute" when I would hold her hand and then shift with her hand and mine. But I only did that when we first started dating, now I don't really give a **** lol.

Nice daily too, I would love an automatic for daily city driving.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lmfaaaoooo, you guys just cracked me up!! at midnight too loo. lol. auto tegs aren't the best... but neither is stick shift(as Mercedes Benz would say :p) i'm happy to have one of each and i'll damn sure make the best out of everything :D

this car's having some overheating problems at the moment, i replaced:
-water pump
-thermostat
-radiator cap
-hoses

.... i think it's time to quit bullshitting around it and finally replace the head gasket. i'll also be replacing the passenger axle, tranny fluid, and maybe some front suspension pieces/realigning. the front end makes alot of noise, i may rip the shocks/springs apart and inspect assembly as it makes noise when jumping on the upper radiator support(habit of mine to test front suspension, it works!)

i may have to try that shift chad lol. i remember shifting with my left hand and 'kneeing' the steering wheel just to not budge with her hand.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
i may have to try that shift chad lol. i remember shifting with my left hand and 'kneeing' the steering wheel just to not budge with her hand.

that would be dangerous!!!
j/k I did that too.
Its never really bothered me to let go of her hand for 2 seconds to shift then go back to her hand.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it looks like this teg will be sold on the 25th to an old friend who needs a reliable car. she might be putting half down before her purchase and i'll replace the headgasket, pass. axle, tranny fluid and maybe some suspension components.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

found an hdr camera app for my evo 4g. this is the result :] and the car's filthy!

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
headgasket is freakin' TOAST! radiator's pressure/water loss is to the point where i cant do back and forth highway driving anymore.

tomorrow morning i'll be removing the head and replacing the head gasket, flushing the coolant and an oil change to top it off. new thermo/radiator cap/hoses/water pump/timing belt has already been installed.

after this the car will need: minor suspension and an o2 sensor and it's back to spec :]

·
Registered
654 Posts
headgasket is freakin' TOAST! radiator's pressure/water loss is to the point where i cant do back and forth highway driving anymore.

tomorrow morning i'll be removing the head and replacing the head gasket, flushing the coolant and an oil change to top it off. new thermo/radiator cap/hoses/water pump/timing belt has already been installed.

after this the car will need: minor suspension and an o2 sensor and it's back to spec :]
hooray!!

·
Registered
32 Posts

damn, well i might stop by and give you a hand, just lmk what time your starting tomorrow

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
damn, well i might stop by and give you a hand, just lmk what time your starting tomorrow
dope, i pulished that post just after midnight but it was for today. and i got it all finished! this engine is DIRTY!! but i degreased most of it, replaced everything and fixed a few more things. the car drives/idles/start very smooth now. :]

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
recieved new/replacement/legit ukdm tails today. threw them onto the car RIGHT away! i wish i had a car worthy of them... but i'm thinking of lowering the car and painting the hood/trunk/roof a gloss black for the time being. maybe spraying the wheels a very glossy black as well.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i still have this teg, still ticking along. about to prep it to send up to Tennessee for my grandma which i'm hoping she'll have for years and years :]

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Brian,
Good to hear from you on here...
Hope she enjoys the Teggy.
If you decide to remove or get rid of the TI plate frame, I'll take it from you... lmk, thx. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts