Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm conflicted, I want to get a sway bar but Idk which one to choose. I've searched all over the forums but couldn't find anything. I have K-Tuned coilovers its 10k front and 6k rear spring rate. I heard that if I get a 24mm that I could tear my subframe correct me if I'm mistaken. I'm debating for an ITR 22mm 23mm or ASR 24MM with a subframe brace. I don't track my car but I do drive to work on curvy roads and often speed.... Its a LS with a built GSR engine 224hp.

Any info would help thank you!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You didn't specify, but I assume you're referring to a rear sway bar? Regardless of what size you choose, a subframe brace will prevent any mishaps with the rear subframe. In other words, get a brace no matter if you choose a 22mm, or a 24mm.
Hey jkz24

Thanks for the reply!! So that being said, do you think it's fine if I run with the ASG combo one This one. I'm just afraid of too much oversteer spinning out eeek!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Your spring rates are inducing a lot of understeer but I suppose that’s a topic for another day..

For street driving id run an itr 22mm rear (23mm are hard to find) with a stock 22mm front bar or 98+ Ls/rs/gs 25mm front bar depending on how you want the car to handle.

for reference I’m running 25mm front and 22mm rear(with a beaks rear subframe brace) with 450lb front and rear springs and my car has zero understeer and very little oversteer if you drive it like a fwd should be..

It is a very neutral setup and it is easy to push the limit and handling is very predictable.

since your front springs are so much stiffer than your rears id start with 22mm front and rear see how it feels and go from there.

At the minimum buy a beaks subframe reinforcement kit or an asr if you want something beefy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your spring rates are inducing a lot of understeer but I suppose that’s a topic for another day..

For street driving id run an itr 22mm rear (23mm are hard to find) with a stock 22mm front bar or 98+ Ls/rs/gs 25mm front bar depending on how you want the car to handle.

for reference I’m running 25mm front and 22mm rear(with a beaks rear subframe brace) with 450lb front and rear springs and my car has zero understeer and very little oversteer if you drive it like a fwd should be..

It is a very neutral setup and it is easy to push the limit and handling is very predictable.

since your front springs are so much stiffer than your rears id start with 22mm front and rear see how it feels and go from there.

At the minimum buy a beaks subframe reinforcement kit or an asr if you want something beefy.
Thank you for the reply bro ill look into a setup like that, But if i could find a itr 23mm should I go for that?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
The ASR kit you provided is a nice one. It gives you everything you need. Might just do LCA at the same time?
I used to run the Beaks kit as well. But just upgraded to a full ASR brace, ASR LCA, ASR adjustable end links, ASR swaybar insert.
If you piece it together don't forget to get all new bushings and such.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The ASR kit you provided is a nice one. It gives you everything you need. Might just do LCA at the same time?
I used to run the Beaks kit as well. But just upgraded to a full ASR brace, ASR LCA, ASR adjustable end links, ASR swaybar insert.
If you piece it together don't forget to get all new bushings and such.
Yeah if I went with the ASR version I would've just done all my whole suspension parts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What are you going to go with then? Get new D brackets and bushings with your new bar.

ICB sells the Beaks kit.
I think I’m just going to go with the ASR kit that comes with everything. But just to confirm with you guy the 23mm should be fine with my case? I’m planning to install ktuned Lca as well at the same time

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I think I’m just going to go with the ASR kit that comes with everything. But just to confirm with you guy the 23mm should be fine with my case? I’m planning to install ktuned Lca as well at the same time
Yea it should be fine. Just take it easy at first on the corners through the ramps on the highway. You'll get used to it after a few times.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts