Team Integra Forums banner

swaps are a pain in the @ss

2K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  sleeperls93 
#1 ·
well i activated my vtec today manually (wired solenoid to battery) and it ran superb until about a mile from my house (which in turn is 50 miles from the shop) and all of the sudden...blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
now the car barely idles, and revs to barely four grand, i dunno if my timing jumped ot if i fried the ecu (ls obd-0) but now i am stuck, i dunno what i am going to do next, but there is also a strange squeeking noise too,
this swap is trying my patience hardcore, plus it was raining out so i may have soaked some thing....this sucks
holla

#6 ·
meatmarket on Feb/05/04 said:
well i activated my vtec today manually (wired solenoid to battery) and it ran superb until about a mile from my house (which in turn is 50 miles from the shop) and all of the sudden...blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
now the car barely idles, and revs to barely four grand, i dunno if my timing jumped ot if i fried the ecu (ls obd-0) but now i am stuck, i dunno what i am going to do next, but there is also a strange squeeking noise too,
this swap is trying my patience hardcore, plus it was raining out so i may have soaked some thing....this sucks
holla
For the record... you physiclly connected the solenoid directly to 12 volts, thus opening the VTEC solenoid continously, regardless of RPM, gear, temperature, or oil pressure?

#9 ·
hey man money is prinited everyday, and mistakes are made to be learned from, and if i did trash my top end, great time for ss valves and an ls bottom end, but i never revved it past 6500, and it is making no valve noise, just idle like crap, and sounding sick, when it comes to money, i am fine, its time i have not enough of

#10 ·
No prob. dude. Sorry if my post offended you...but what is the point of this thread anyways ? Are you asking for our help ?

And i'm glad that you have all the money you ever need. I'm envious because I work hard and don't seem to make enough. I'd be glad to lend some helping knowledge on here...that's why I'm here. But so far this thread is just about you hooking up your VTEC directly to 12v...that's it.

so "holla" if you need some help.

#14 ·
No need to lock it, some of our members need to learn to be a little more mature but that's no reason to shut the thread down. We do have guidelines for a reason here guys, this doesn't apply to the thread starter, I'm talking about the other two idiots in this thread, you know who you are. Well the only down side I can see to what you did was, 1)you probably fried the vtec solenoid, 2) vtec is activated at certain rpms so that it has the oil pressure to lock up the rocker arms, but it didn't since you activated vtec permanently. Other than that I wish I could offer you more help, but I'm not sure how the ecu reacts when vtec is engaged.

#18 ·
Lapok25 on Feb/05/04 said:
QUOTE]Originally posted by Teggyman on Feb/05/04this thread is gay...
and as for this post being gay...stfu and flog your no vtec having rs....holla

This will be lock or clean. Mod please.
[/quote] "So basically stupid people make me anti-vtec". Quote taken from Ross who ran a 14.7 with his RS. He only had I/H/T/E Holla fool... Feel proud your Vtec overtakes your lack of skill... Heh.

#19 ·
if you're lucky, you're just in limp-home mode, assuming it should have never actually went into vtec until proper oil pressure was established because there is a redundant oil pressure switch in the vtec system. once the ecu figures out it can't control the solenoid, it would have gone into limp home mode (hopefully)

either way, it was a really dumb idea to allow the possibility for a car to operate under ~2500-3000 rpm with vtec engaged, as vtec causes an oil pressure drop.

worst case, might have spun a bearing. it's strange for it to "squeak", as they'll usually knock or rattle. or starved the valve train for oil.

#20 ·
Im not trying to sound stupid or be an a$$ but are you saying you were running the ls ecu , and wired the vtec opened for a test run ? I would think that this would run the engine waay to lean considering the VTEC ecu richens the mix to compensate for the need for extra fuel , so it seems to me you may have burned something internaly ..Correct me if im wrong ..im just trying to figure this out .

#22 ·
any CEL's? If your knock sensor went then the cel would turn on. But wait ..if you are running an LS ecu then you don't even have this sensor recognized. Doesn't sound good for you my friend.

#26 ·
because i am waiting on my vtgec ecu to get here and my truck is broken down and this is the only thing i have to drive for the time being...so i am thinking i may have fried th ls ecu, but the ls ecu never threw a cel when the vtec was engaged.... i dunno its a mess and the motor sounds goods as far as valve noise..etc, right now i have the battery unhooked so the comp will reset so we will see what happens

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.