Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i got my hands on a ls vtec engine, i will be swaping the engine tranny out from my inetgra and putting in the lsvtec,the thing is i will be doing this in my back yard, i have all of the necessary tools. But i just need tips on what to be aware of? as far as electrical, hidding bolts, lines t be aware of ect. this is my first swap, but I really think i can do it along with the help of my friends and you guys. thanks for the help in advanced

steven

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
Pulling an engine is really not hard. Much easier done with a hoist, then jacking the car to the sky, and pulling out the motor. But, in the engine bay, you have 3 subconnectors on each side, disconnect those. Theres a green connector on the power steering line, disconnect it, disconnect p/s pump from engine(bracket in front of head, to the driver side) You have both radiator hoses, i believe 2 or 3 other heater hoses to pull, and 2 lower mounts, the rear mount(which can be fun) and then upper driver side mount. Also have a few ground wires(trans, valve cover), power wire to the starter, gotta pull the slave cyl off, and set it aside.....

Thats all that i can think of at the moment... Ill be putting my engine back in on hopefully friday

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
1st its not that hard...

a few lil tricks ive learnd...do undo the axles just carefully w/ a lot of lube disconnect the front sway bar ball joint...and remove the suspension bolt that connects the front control arm and then you have enough flex to pull the axle out of the tranny w/o disconnecting the rather large axle nut....then once they are out just get some zip ties and hang them...

also when you pull the motor its easier to drop it a few inches then bring the motor forward underneath the passenger side tranny mount then rip it right outa there...so if your doin this on grass make sure you reattach the suspension bolts loose...put the wheels back on get the motor to clear the mount...drop the car w/ the hoist still held high...and roll the car out from under the motor...

here is my motor pull pics

rob's motor pull

1 - 3 of 3 Posts