Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since having Inner Tire Wear I am going to be upgrading my suspension. There are different springs/shocks combonations that I have been thinking about which would probably be good for my daily driver. I want something that will give me a comfortable ride, relatively long lasting, good quality, and be used for daily driving only. My car will NOT be used for Auto-X or any other type of "racing" event, legal or illegal. I just want something with a lower frequency rate because I drive on roads that are pretty bad and I hate feeling the bumps. I was thinking about going to the stock route but I wanta drop. A staggered drop would ideal (somewhere along the lines of 1.75"F 1.5"R or 1.5"F 1.25"R).

What would YOU suggest? Any feedback is appreciated. I understand it is ultimately my decision since it is MY car but I just want some opinions of people more educated about the subject than I am.

Edit: $500 - $600 budget. Closer to $500.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have been researching the same thing the best thing, I found the best setup is tokico illuminas and neuspeed sport springs, the combo of long lasting tokicos and the not to harsh drop from the neuspeeds means comfy drving and long lasting equipment.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
The rates you desire and the drop you want are pointing you towards Nuespeed/H&R Sports. Maybe even the Eibach Sportlines, but I didn't like the stance the car had when I used them.

I would slap on some Koni Reds with those springs.

I've used stock, Eibach Sportlines, Nuespeed Race, and H&R Sports. Look wise, hands down Nuespeed Race. Performance wise I like the even rates of the H&R Sports. I used these aftermarket springs with Koni Yellows.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
KYB AGX's with work good and the above springs.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After reading and reading about suspensions, I'm almost certain I am going to be getting Neuspeed Sport Springs and Koni Reds. I feel this would be good for me and would give me the drop I want and the comfort that I need. From Shox.com, I can get everything for a little over $500 which is good for my budget.

Is anyone using this setup?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm using Nuespeed sports with stock shocks. very comfotable ride, even for ohio. I don't know about longevity, but your looking at about $200 for this setup, before camber kits and all that

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
inte94gra on Apr/13/04 said:
After reading and reading about suspensions, I'm almost certain I am going to be getting Neuspeed Sport Springs and Koni Reds. I feel this would be good for me and would give me the drop I want and the comfort that I need. From Shox.com, I can get everything for a little over $500 which is good for my budget.

Is anyone using this setup?
Take a look on the RS*R SUS lowering springs too. For some reason, some g3 owner said that the rear would eventually goes lower than the front for unknown reason (eventho the drop is the same for front and back), with RS*R, the front is a little lower than the back, and is a little softer than Neuspeed Sport too, so slightly better ride comfort than Neuspeed Sport.

I am looking into these 2 as well, no $ right now, but when the time comes, i will pick either one of them.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
If you want a soft ride and a low stance, get the air ride kit, u can have it any height you want, plus you can have a really soft ride.

RPM

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RPM on Apr/13/04 said:
If you want a soft ride and a low stance, get the air ride kit, u can have it any height you want, plus you can have a really soft ride.

RPM
I Don't want to go that far. That would be kinda cool though.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Be careful. When you lower a car more than an inch, you drastically reduce the amount of suspension travel you have available. This means that you need exponentially higher spring rates to keep the car from bottoming out. That equates to a harsher ride.

Koni Reds and a sport type spring should lower you about 1.5" without sacrificing too much comfort. While this isn't the ideal slammed look, it will be aesthetically friendly while preventing too much vibration.

·
Registered
289 Posts
right now i have h&r sports on the stock struts and the ride/look is excellent. It feels very similar to stock on bumps but still is 1.75(front)/1.5(rear) inches lower. The wheel gap is perfect for me; around 1 finger.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The reason I was going with the Koni Reds and the Neuspeed Sports was because the drop wouldn't be too drastic. I'm riding on 215/40/17 and I don't want to be rubbing. Since I'm going to be getting new tires also, I'm going to go with a smaller tire, 205/40/17 which will help prevent any rubbing.

Koni Reds are going to be the choice of shocks for me since they're relatively inexpensive and good quality but maybe matching them up with some Eibach Pro-kit springs (1.3" drop) would be a better and I believe they have a higher spring rate than the Neuspeed Sports.

·
Registered
704 Posts
h&r sports/kyb agx's soft cushiony ride ,lovely drop,turn op the shocks to make them a lil stiffer for those spirited drives...i sure as hell cant complain with this set up after getting everything straightened out....and it sits nice with 205/40/17's...no rubbing..

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I'm still looking for my new suspension and I pretty much got it picked out. Koni Reds w/Ground Control Coilovers. If I go with the GC's, I am going to get custom spring rates. Maybe 275/275? Good?

I've heard that the GC's tend to squeak a lot even after the "break in" period. I don't want to deal with the squeaks but I really like the idea to adjust ride height.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm still looking for a new suspension set up and I still haven't been able to make up my mind. GC/Koni Reds (380f/250r) are still an option but now I'm also considering TEIN Basic (448f/336r) or Tanabe Sustec Pro S-OC Type-II Coilovers. Anyone have any experience with any of these setups?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
codenamezero on May/20/04 said:
If you want something with lower frequency... get TEIN S.Tech spring, you know that by increasing the spring stiffness, you are increasing the frequency right...?
Yeah, I know that. The frequency with the GC/Reds is about 86f/105r compared to 64f/72r (stock) and that's good for me. I would consider the TEIN S. Tec springs but I want to be able to adjust the ride height.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts