Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i read all the articles. still need some drivers suggestions.

i have a 96 SE. im looking to upgrade the suspension. i want a nice smooth ride. not like riding on solid rubber tires. but i want it to be a little better then stock. i also plan on throwing on some 17" or 18" wheels.
my plans are....
all upgraded bushings
upgraded rear swaybar (thinking about comptech any suggestions?)
coilovers or performance struts/springs

my question is what struts/springs or coilovers are a good nice ride but yet sporty?
this is my daily driver so i dont wana be thrown around !!(like i am in my 92 talon tsi awd w/ eibach pros and kyb agx's) but i want it to handle good.

also whats a good site to buy some integra suspension parts from ?

·
Registered
874 Posts
http://www.shox.com -pick up koni reds for $308 shipped (unless the price has changed in the last month?)

h&r sports (drop: 1.5"/1.75" rates: 276/276) new off ebay $150 shipped

This is my set up and I suggest it.

With more money, buy the yellows instead of reds.

[edit] 276/276 might be stiffer than you're looking for...if so, neuspeed sports will lower the same amount but have much more forgiving spring rates.

·
Registered
887 Posts
ook im gonna help ya out ok read this article which tells about harsh rides and about ride frequencies

and this other article
it shows you in detail about spring coiloves and other suspension stuff and the question about a good ride depends on spring rates we use to have a chart that has different spring rates but it has been taken off due to it being updated

lil sho

·
Registered
887 Posts
i heard the fully adjustable coilovers is ur best bet such as tein and i dont know if its in ur price range or not so just search on those and get soem info and see if it fits your wants

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Browse Profiles....

like their drop? Look at their mods or send them a PM asking about their spring/coilover and shock combo. Or you can just browse the suspension forum and read the posts there.

Jason84 on Mar/28/04 said:
also whats a good site to buy some integra suspension parts from ?
Our SPonsors, we get discounts.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I would never get 18s again in my life. I hate the way it feels when driving. For 1500 you could get pretty much any suspension you want. I would do the Koni Yellow with H&R and then get some of the suspension bushings you were talking about.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Why are people so convinced they can slam their car AND maintain a Cadillac type ride? I hate to tell you, but it just ain't possible.

With 18's you ARE going to be riding on close to solid rubber, so right there, even with a stock suspension it is going to feel rough. If you want it to be smooth, and decently sticky, go with 16's. Try Neuspeed/H&R sport springs with Koni Reds. Leave them at their stock setting and enjoy.

Bushings are also going to make the ride stiff and noisy. The rubber bushings are there to absorb impact, impact that is now being transferred to your hands and butt, via the steering wheel and seats. Not going to be comfortable on a long drive.

Swaybars are the one solid choice there. A mild swaybar will not affect ride quality noticeably, but will be noticible through the turns. Run a few searches on swaybars to see what other people are using.

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
I wonder if you read the articles... if you did, you woulnd't ask questions about ride comfort.

There is a spring frequency article... basically if you want a nice ride, you keep the frequency around 70 to 90... now that you have that number in mind, you can start to look for springs that is within that range of frequency...

Now that you have picked the spring, you can look at a good shock that can handle that spring rate and the desired drop rate.

once you have the spring and shock, you can now read the Sway bar article and look for a sway bar, and decide which diameter of sway suit your need, 18mm? 19mm? 22mm? 24mm? etc... :p

I am pretty much set my mind on Neuspeed Sport (or RS*R should be nicer ride) /w Koni Red, Ignall Camber kit, with Suspension Tech 19mm Sway, and a tie bar of some sort... when i get my gen3

·
Registered
42 Posts
Go with the Comptech rear sway/tie bar. I have it and love it. Consider a Tokico spring/shock kit for about $300 or so online. You will get a decent 1.5" drop without harshness. To go even smoother, consider H&R OE or Neuspeed SofSport springs w. Tokico HP shocks. A front upper struct tie bar is also a nice idea; Neuspeed was clearing out their last 2-point attachment bars for Tegs last month.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the eibach pro-kit springs and an ITR rear sway bar on my GSR. I'm also using 215/40-17 tires. The shocks are stock for now (the eibach drop is pretty mild at 1.3") but I will install koni reds when the time comes. I like this setup.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sometimes the rear tires rub on the wheelwell. I was thinking about rolling the fender lip up like in the project article.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts