Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I'm just going really slow, just rolling under 5mph, I can hear this dry/hissing sound, kinda like it's rusty sound from the wheels. Can anyone tell me why it's doing this? Do I have to lubricate something in the suspension? If so, what?

·
Registered
76 Posts
i have the same sound after i put in kyb gr-2 with rs-r springs. they were used and i had a shop install them. funny thing its only from the right front side, well atleast from what i can tell.

tell me if u figure out the problem

·
Registered
87 Posts
stumpyf4 on Sep/26/02 said:
Sounds like your brakes are dragging too much. Could possibly be seized sliders on the brakes.

Marty.
Disk brakes by nature tend to drag a bit. If they are a little rusty, you sometimes hear a rusty scraping noise. Does the noise stop when you gently apply the brakes? If so, that's your culprit. Won't hurt anything if it's not dragging much. To determine if it's dragging too much, drive around a bit, but don't use your brakes much. Is the wheel hot (indicating that the brake is dragging too much)? Or jack up that corner and rotate the tire by hand. Will it run freely, or does it require force to keep rotating? If it won't spin pretty freely, the brakes are holding it back.

I always drive the car around the block after washing it, to dry the brakes, cuz I hate that rusty sound.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
It definatly sounds like your brakes are dragging. Snowman's instructions should help you find out where its coming from.

If this only happens over bumps, Ive hear slight squeaks from my stock suspension, but now its gone since I have upgraded.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts