Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so confused. When you lower a car, what exactly do you put in for hardware? Just the springs? or would you have to change other things also?

Also has anyone seen those metal plates that are under the front lip so it won't scratch?

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
You might wanted to have put this in the suspension forum. Depending on how much you lower it, and what your needs are, you need springs, shocks, and a camber kit.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
The minimam amount of money needed is the money for the springs and then chage the stock ones to the new ones. but that is not a complete job and will not be perfect but your car willl be lowwered.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
get lowering springs with spring rates close to stock, and don't drop more than 3/4" or so, and your stock shocks will be ok, then it'll be an ok setup. handling might be slightly better, but it doesn't really get helped until you drop a little more, get stiffer springs, better shocks, and camberkits to get things lined back up.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was planning on eibach 1" drop and probably replace my shocks because they're most likely shot to hell, does that sound like a good lowering set up?

·
Registered
124 Posts
batboyx on Aug/13/02 said:
I was planning on eibach 1" drop and probably replace my shocks because they're most likely shot to hell, does that sound like a good lowering set up?
What type of shocks?

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I have never seen that metal plate you are referring to, but i guess it would work ok, only problem would be making it look decent. If you are only lowering 1 inch I wouldn't worry about scraping it too much.
As for shocks, it really depends on your wants and needs. If you are looking for superior performance I'd say go with Koni Yellows or Bilstiens. If you are looking for something a little less aggressive, I'd say Koni Reds or the non-adjustable Tokico's maybe. Kind of inbetween, price wise (and performance wise for that matter) is the Tokico Illumina and the KYB AGX's, which are both adjustable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts