Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my car in around November, and there have been many problems with the car....but I still love it.

Right now I have a weird ass problem in the right rear fender area. I am thinking it's the brakes, but basically when I brake or sometimes when I go in a dip or bump I hear a screeching noise, much like a train stopping at the tracks. What is it? How do I get rid of it?

Number two, when I turn right, i hear a croaking noise coming from behind left of my left ear. I have no idea what it may be. Diagnosis?

Also, my last problem =( is that when I take hard, fast right or left turns, my tire grinds into my fender lining, Will [the whats writting below help it stop?]----------------------->

And finally, I loooooove to take my turns fast and hard.., and I was thinking Tein. So what kind should I get that would stiffen my car, giving it less body roll and a possiblie slight lowering, thus (hopefully) increasing my turns...

Hopefully I can solve all this so I can once again love my car like I normally do!

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Your tire shouldn't hit the fender lining if you are at stock ride height. Are you using the right sized tires?

The brake problem sounds like the dust shield is rubbing up against the assembly, or possibly your brake pads are getting low and its the wear indicator letting you know its time to change them.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Sounds like you need to replace your brakes.

Also look at the Comptech rear sway bars... pricey but way worth it

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm what have you heard about the Greddy? Because my friend can get a nearly new one for $60..

And as for the tires, they're either 14's or (doubtful) 15's.

·
Registered
861 Posts
i say rear caliper, mine went about a month after i got my gsr, and it sounded exactly like that, but if you take it somewhere to get serviced, make sure you're carefull not to get ripped, I know I did, and now I always do my own brakes ect.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
InLtegSra94 on Feb/13/06 said:
And finally, I loooooove to take my turns fast and hard.., and I was thinking Tein. So what kind should I get that would stiffen my car, giving it less body roll and a possiblie slight lowering, thus (hopefully) increasing my turns...

Hopefully I can solve all this so I can once again love my car like I normally do!
now that I have some free time at work, let me chime in a little more.

Fast and Hard = not always the fastest way around a roadcourse.

it is a combination of Slow-In, fast out and smoothness.

Suspension upgrades can only enhance the skill of the driver when it comes to cornering. With out the knowlege of basic car control and proper weight transfer, you are essentially letting the suspension do the work and thus you do not bring out the true potential of the whole set up.

Take colin for example, an instructor from speed trial USA. He drives a completely STOCK RSX type S. the body roll is rediculous but I still have trouble keeping up with him on the roadcourse. clearly a huge difference in driver skill.

with that cleared up, lets open the discussion on choosing supension, Most of this has been covered before but here is what I followed in a summarized clif notes version.

for reference, you should read the suspension tech articles in our articles section as well as the various topics in the suspension and brakes forum on this website. For advanced reading, do a serach on google for the physics of racing series. Another good resource comes in a physical form: Tune to Win.

Basically when you want to upgrade your suspension, you want to asses your driving skill first before anything else, then READ and RESEARCH!! You will want to do more research before you actually buy your suspension set up. this is as simple as buying the lastest "popular" brand and slapping it on. It's almost, if not on the same level as buying engine parts and slapping them on thinking they will make you go faster. That is definately NOT the way you should go about doing things.

Don't allow yourself to be tricked into thinking, "off the shelf systems are the only way to go" when building suspension set ups. There are MANY options to choose from as well as customized systems (again, asses your driving skill before going that route)

When I say asses your skill, you should also ask yourself what type of driving you are going to be doing because that will also affect your choice in suspension setups.

There are a lot more in the articles section on this website that cover more in depth.

Second thing you would want to upgrade if you are taking this seriously is your brake system. AGAIN DO NOT GO OUT AND BUY WITH OUT RESEARCH. Don't be fooled by sales pitches also. Bigger is not always better in some cases, for instance: bigger can translate into wasted money. We had a long discussion here about big brake kits, use the search function to find it.

Wheels and Tires are also part of the suspension setup. Air is basically supporting the vehicle. We have a ton of discussions about wheel and tire packages for different levels of driving. Browse around for that.

I personally have two sets of wheels: one set for daily driving and one set wrapped in Toyo RA1 (race compound) for the track.

there is a lot of information here, search for it. I didn't get anywhere just asking questions on what I should do. I got somewhere by researching on my own. Being spoon fed information will only give you as much as the person is feeding you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.