Team Integra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey .. 95 integra , has stock struts and susp tech springs ( 2inch drop )

looking to upgrade my suspension , wanted some insight on choices.

kyb gr2 VS tokicko blues VS ITR suspension

just wondering how good the ITR suspension is , and if its better same or not as good as the BLUES.

ITR suspension would be used with 15k

is it better or worth it over new blues or GR2?

·
Registered
611 Posts
I would say get Dropzone shocks over Tokico Blues, for the drop you have I think they will work much better. I run them with H&R race springs and they're fine. Thats just me though... And as for your topic headline: "need simple suspension advice"

There is no such thing as "simple" when it comes to suspension

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
I can't say I like any of the suggested shocks for a 2" drop.

I would get the ITR suspension. It will have shocks that are valved for the proper spring rates.

If you want to use the sus-tech springs, look into getting a better shock.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well thanks guys more advice is appreciated...

i only wanna re-do this suspension once .. i wanna do it the right/best way.. just not spend alot.

id LOVE full coilovers , but i dont think they are anywhere in my price range , so i guess im looking for the best shock/spring setup

here is my current drop , suspension tech slammed my car , not even sure how low, but no wheel gap , almost tucked into fenders..

what do you guys think of suspension tech springs?

maybe im thinking ITR springs , and HP blues

or what about the tokiko spring/shock set with thier springs?..

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also why the talk about dropzone? they seem to be the cheapest and worst? the shop i goto said they may not even install them. ive seen the set of dropzone shocks on ebay for 165 plus shipping. whats so good about the dropzone setup..

ALSO the ITR setup im told , id also need the ITR lower control arms.. this seems like a pain in the ass and more parts.. so not worth it i guess //

·
Registered
418 Posts
I don't know what your budget is, but if you only want to do the supension once and do it the right way, I would suggest saving for some full coilovers if thats what you would really like. From what I've read, it doesn't seem like you are in a situation where you HAVE to change your setup to have a running car, so I'd just save and wait. The best things are worth waiting for.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
matrix66 on Feb/08/04 said:
also why the talk about dropzone? they seem to be the cheapest and worst? the shop i goto said they may not even install them. ive seen the set of dropzone shocks on ebay for 165 plus shipping. whats so good about the dropzone setup..

ALSO the ITR setup im told , id also need the ITR lower control arms.. this seems like a pain in the ass and more parts.. so not worth it i guess //
How do you now they are the worse? Just because they're cheap? They have a lifetime warranty, they can handle a spring rates of 450 in the front and I think 350 in the rear. They can also handle drops up to 2.5".

·
Registered
611 Posts
Louse76 on Feb/08/04 said:
Where can we get more information about the dropzone struts including price?
Ebay. Or Dynamic Auto Design.

Yes, they are cheap, in price. I don't know what the hell one guy was talking about above when he said some shops won't even isntall them, he might've been referring to the coilover sleeves because he doesn't know how to read. The Dropzone shocks are short stroke shocks. When I raise my car, full dropp, wheels in the air, the springs stay within the top and bottom spring perches, a bit compressed even. once again, I've been running these shocks with H&R race springs since October '03. My friend with a porche 944 and Koni Yellows like the ride in my car more than in his. I can keep up with my other friends fully suspension built 240 sx in the twisties. Dropzone shocks have a lifetime warranty. Almost all other people that have actually USED the shocks say nothing but good things about them, they just don't speak up much in fear of getting flamed. Either way, its your call. For less than $200 shipped, I am more than content with the DZ shocks performance/warranty.

Here is a direct quote from DAD home page:
"DROPZoNE announces the brand new Shock Absorber with a lifetime warranty. That is made of high grade metals. As well as being rigid. The shocks boast a brand new dual density mechanism which guarantees you to have a smooth ride.

These shocks have set a new standard that will enhance the ride of any car that has been upgraded to a racing suspension.

- GAS FILLED

- INTERNAL CYLINDER 30mm, MORE ROOM, LESS HEAT.

- SPECIALIZED FOR CUSTOMIZED LOWERED CARS

- HIGH TECHNOLOGY COMPOUNDS.

- EXTERNAL RIGID SURFACE

- HIGH QUALITY TESTED

- FINE TUNED
"

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cool thanks for the insights , i may decide to try them out then , since my cars lowered alot this might work well. the shop is a hardcore motor shop and when i said "Dropzone" they were like no we wont install thier products. thats all..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.