Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wanting to boost up the JRSC up to 10 psi if possible....but my question is.....

if i decide to change the pulley on the supercharger itself....what belts would i have to change out...and where could i get them....??

what if i decide to change the crank pulley....or the alternator steeper pulley...what belts am i looking to also change out and where can i purchase these belts...???

also...is 10 psi too much for the supercharger...also i've read tht at 10 psi heat becomes excessive...but if i put in the liquid intercooler....will that help keep excessive engine temps down..????

i also read that....in general that lowering the vtec on a supercharged engine...it will help boost mid range performance (stock cams i assume)....but what if i raised the vtec (stock cams)....in general...will that help out high end performance....??? if not...is there anything that i can do to give it a little more *umph* high end....????

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
If you change your blower's nose pulley or the alternator pulley to such a small diameter, you're going to encounter belt slippage. It's far easier to install a CRV crank pulley, which is larger and balanced, to save trouble.

Belts needed are:
- 850mm Crank-Alt
- 900mm Power Steering
- 790mm AC belt

You can't purchase these bests at a Honda dealership. You'll to pick them up at Napa, Autozone, ect. Some belts are marked in standard, metric, or both. Belt numbers, the ones printed on the belt itself, indicate the length and rib count. e.g. 4PK900 means 4 rib, 900mm. 345K4 means 34.5", 4 rib. I should mention that the counter clerk at the parts store will be confused. Don't worry. Just be nice and ask to go to the racks! If those guys can't pull the part number off the computer, they go into limp mode.

I found that stock VTEC is too high, in stock form. It's somehitng that needs to be played with on a dyno, as too low isn't good either. Going high will just kill midrange power.

Stay far away from water injection. It's not worth the fuss, unless you have a dedicated track car. Water injection will cool the charged air, but doesn't affect the blower's temps.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks a lot GVtec.....autozone, napa, checkers, etc it is then.....

is there a way i can lower the blowers temp...??

will the crv crank pulley give me 10 psi...or am i looking more towards 9 psi????

do you know where i can purchase a crv crank pulley..besides a honda dealer....i assume they are expensive....will any year crv crank pulley work....??? if not...what year(s) am i looking for....???

and how much are those belts.....?? i'm hoping they shouldnt be that much correct...??? and when asking for the belts do i ask for expamle....for a 850mm Crank-Alt, a 900mm Power Steering, and a 790mm AC belt..??? or do i ask for a 4PK900 belt etc...??

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
There isn't a way to lower the blower's temps. Waterinjection only lowers the air's temps, not the blower.

The CRV crank pully should put you at or near 10lb. Becasue the indicateed boost (what you see on a gauge) can differ from the amount of boost the blower makes. This varies, due to how restrictive your header, cat, and exhaust is.

Try to pick up the pulley at a junk yard, ect...

You don't have to tell them the purpose of the belt. You just need to know the length and how mand ribs. All the belts are 4 rib and you know the various lengths. They should be $6~$8 each.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts