Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A friend wrecked his integra so i was thinking i could just take his out use his headliner and parts needed and use dimensions from the car w/ everything out

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'm not sure on this, but you may want to check up on whether or not there is additional reinforcements that were put on the Integras with sunroofs to cope with the hit in structural integrity by not having a solid piece of metal as the top-- kind of like convertibles and targa tops have extra reinforcements.

Probably not, but one thing you may want to see before doing this.

·
Registered
52 Posts
hey when i bought my 94 RS the old owner got a sunroof put in and it looks nice and all but now theres a problem with it cause water leaks through sometimes....but in my opinion u should just leave it alone

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think sunroofs are cool, but definately not worth the hastle unless its on the car originally from the factory. I've heard lots of stories w/ problems, i'm not sure how the weather is where ur @... but the biggest problems are mentioned by KAMIKAZEE... leaks if not done right. I don't think structure has a huge impact on the sunroof. The reinforcements are in the pillars really right? Someone correct me if i'm wrong. But add up the amount of hrs you have to put in and if you have the time, money, energy, and skill to get it done right. If anything is lacking in that equation, I would think twice before getting into something that could mess ur car up...sorry for the lengthy response...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts