Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 97 GSR, my sunroof doesnt seem to open all the way, how far is it supposed to open? Like ill open the little shade thing and then open the sunroof and once the sunroof hits the shade it stops and the motors sounds like its still trying to push, when i look at it it looks like it should go alot farther back. has this ever happend to anyone? How do i fix it?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
well i have a moon roof. Mine goes back till it is like 3 inches short of where the window ends. Mine sounds like it is still trying to push it to. cause it is. Make sure you got grease on it so it slides smooth. A moonroof is auto a sun roof is pernament. get it right too.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I had a little trouble with mine sticking. I took shop towels and cleaned out the crappy grease that was in the tracks and sprayed a good amount of silicone lubricant in the tracks. Smooth as silk now. Just be careful when you are spraying so that you dont get any inside the car.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
It sounds to me like it is working properly. on my '99 GSR, from front of sunroof to inside lining of sunroof opening is approx. 3.25 inches. It does stop when it reaches the shade and the motor doesn't stop; this is normal.
I believe that a transparent panelled roof is called a moonroof and a non-transparent panelled roof is called a sunroof, but I don't sweat it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yea, I think that is right. It is the same way in my 98 GSR. If you look at it from the outside you can tell it isn't going to go any further.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts