Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aight i was just driving back from the movies with windows and sunroof both CLOSED when all of a sudden i hear wicked wind noise. i immediately notice its comin from above and as i look up i see in my mirror what looks like a black panel crash down on the road. then i reach up and move the little sun blocking thing and theres what looks like no sunroof. after that i go lookin for the thing that fell off, thinkin it was the whole assembly and after about 10 minutes i give up. then as im driving to a gas station to drop my friend off and assess the damage i notice that the frame is still there. i then realized why i couldnt find a black panel. it looks like the glass just came unglued and fell off. it fell off. IT FELL THE **** OFF. so any suggestions/comments anything welcome. also i noticed that the glue stuff wasnt dry at all. which i found weird because i have had this car for two years.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
DAMN, you have to of heard that. it had to hit your car or something

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was doin 75 it peeled off and flopped around in the air for a second. it didnt hit my car or anything but it sucks cause i dont have any money right now and i dont know where to start lookin for a sunroof to replace mine with. i need the whole assembly cause now that i can see up in there its rusted all too hell.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow cool. ty for that

·
Registered
1,576 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
wow man im sorry...try junk yard..
and just to humour u a bit.

my dads friend has a beat up buick century... they broke his rear glass to steal something, so he bought used one off a junkyard and did a DIY on it..
ha well after the install... he was driving on the highway and he cracked the driver window open a bit to throw out a cigarrete butt and his rear glass flew off...the wind pushed against the glass from the inside and made is blow off.. and thats not even the funny part, the bus that was behind him caught the glass on his front grille (buses) so the driver sped up next to him, honked and said... HEY LOOK AT WHAT I GOT!!!
....lol
needless to say he bought a new glass, and put, silicone, crazy glue tape and jb weld on it. LOL

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Thrasher865 on Aug/18/05 said:
Quote: it looks like the glass just came unglued and fell off. it fell off. IT FELL THE **** OFF.

hahahahhahaha!!!

err em, I mean, sorry dude. That sucks.

But your surprise is priceless.

thats just wrong on so many levels...LMAO!!!! but as far as it goes though, that sux hairy balls man... for reals! i cant even begin to fathom...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thrasher865 on Aug/18/05 said:
Quote: it looks like the glass just came unglued and fell off. it fell off. IT FELL THE **** OFF.
hahahahhahaha!!!

err em, I mean, sorry dude. That sucks.

But your surprise is priceless.
im glad you liked it

·
Registered
10,996 Posts
This seems to happen to at least one member every summer, i think someone said that the glue/adhesive gives with such heat and age.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I am amazed to see it go so soon though. I wonder if it is something I shoulod keep an eye on in my 94?

BTW Coop-LS- That line, "It fell, it fell off, it fell the **** off" was a line taken from the blue collar comedy tour right? I belive it was Ron white telling the story about sears doing a crappy job on instaling a wheel and it fell off his van? I love that DVD.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
that happened to my teg. when i got the car the glass was missing. the guy i got the car from said it flew out doing 80 on the highway.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes it was from the blue collar comedy tour it was ron white talking about a tire

·
Registered
668 Posts
lol yeah, we need to prepare our sunroofs from flyign away

·
Registered
471 Posts
my god that is the most amazingly horrible thing ever. but damn it made me laugh. sorry for your...loss, maybe you could try a plexiglass replacement or somthing weight reduction any one?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts