Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well, I was gonna put my head unit in, finally get rid of the stock one.. But, I decide im gonna be slick, and do it without the harness. I all but cut the wires off the factory harness.. they are about 1/8 of an inch long.. Well, I wired my head unit up correctly, but, It had been sitting in the FL sun for aout 2 months, un touched, so I guess it got ruined or something, I dont know, needless to say, it no longer works
So im stuck, with no radio, and little ot no hope in getitng the stock one back in.. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
65 Posts
go to a junkyard if you know were there is one and go cut the stock wire harness out and leave like 3inchs of wire on it then wire it back you to you car... or you can go buy a new radio.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I jsut looked at it, I MIGHT be able to sauder the few wires I cut back together.. now if only I could find my sauder...

·
Registered
401 Posts
Go to a stereo store and get them to install your old sh*t..and say...that it is a different deck but get them to install it any ways..make them deal with ther poor wire cutting job u did!

·
Registered
711 Posts
sneeedle on Aug/06/02 said:
I jsut looked at it, I MIGHT be able to sauder the few wires I cut back together.. now if only I could find my sauder...
what did you use to connect it in the first place? don't say black tape...

·
Registered
400 Posts
go to best buy and buy a metra 71-1720...thas the factory harness you'll need to reconnect back to your deck....=) theres no escape from buying a harness...someone's punishing u...the HARD way...hahah... enjoy..

·
Registered
311 Posts
yeah Best buy sells a reverse wiring harness that will fix your problem

·
Registered
457 Posts
Are you sure your wired it correctly? Be sure that everything is where is should be and that you didn't cross anything. Check the all your fuses. Good luck with getting that problem fixed sounds like it's a real pain.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ugh, tried saudering it.. didnt work, Guess im gonna ave to take it someone and have them fix it.. I feel like such an idiot screwing this up, ive done radio's plenty of times and never screwed up.. Do it to my own car, I screwed it up

1 - 13 of 13 Posts