Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 ls and was wondering what is the best way to lower the car about 1.5 inches without it ridin like izzass?
thanx

·
Registered
276 Posts
i have to say that my friend has ground control coilovers and they ride worse than my generic coilovers that cost less than a third of what he paid. and the ride on mine is bumpy and sh*tty, and his is worse. although, we both have ours lowered a lot more than 1.5 inches, and he has a new civic and i have an integra ls. if u just want to lower it and have a nice ride i would go with generic coilovers and some nice shocks, struts, and a camber kit.

·
Registered
108 Posts
t3rr0r1s7 on Aug/26/02 said:
i have to say that my friend has ground control coilovers and they ride worse than my generic coilovers that cost less than a third of what he paid. and the ride on mine is bumpy and sh*tty, and his is worse. although, we both have ours lowered a lot more than 1.5 inches, and he has a new civic and i have an integra ls. if u just want to lower it and have a nice ride i would go with generic coilovers and some nice shocks, struts, and a camber kit.
Have either of you changed your stock shocks?

·
Registered
353 Posts
eibach sportlines lower 1.7 inches in the front and back, of course you'll need camber kits.....preferably one with -/+ 3 degrees correction

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
i just lowwered my car on some um we will not say the name at this time coilovers but i dropped it 2in front 1.75in back on stock struts ride is ok a little bumpity bumpity on the high way if you know what i mean handles like a mofo i was planing to get aftermarkets struts but after seeing the increase i already have the next time i touch that area i will be installing a full coilover set maybe jic or progress.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
I have a 99 Gs with Eibach Sportline springs, Skunk2 front camber kit, with stock shocks/struts. I love it

·
Registered
33 Posts
the boy has Suspension Techniques springs lowered 2" front, 1.75" rear, Specialty Products camber kits front and rear with AGX struts front and NAPA stock type struts rear. The ride is really fine, not to choppy, still good ground clearance.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Whoa!!! thanx guys, i had no idea id get so many suggestions. around how much did you guys spend on all this?
tryin to figure how much i need.
thanx alot

·
Registered
573 Posts
ive got ground control coilovers and am soon to get tokico illumina adj. struts.. for the money i would say that is one of the best combos. the ground controls ride great even without new struts.. total cost for everything $750...... good luck

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
mikef1182 on Aug/26/02 said:
Whoa!!! thanx guys, i had no idea id get so many suggestions. around how much did you guys spend on all this?
tryin to figure how much i need.
thanx alot
about $350 part and labor included wheel alighnment.

I get the wheel alighnment done last (Trust me you will save alot) after you get everything bolt on first (get everthing bolted on the same day).

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have skunk2 coilovers and tokico whites, ride a little hard, but I have em all the way down. If you give em a little space (i had em higher when i first got em) they ride like a dream.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts