Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup guys. i just had a suggestion.. maybe it will help others out.. not just me. does it annoy you sometimes when you browse through classified ads and find out they live in another state? some of us are looking for kits and rims... or whatsoever... and sometimes we dont want to go thru shipping. i have a suggestion to help speed the search process...

can all of you who posts things for sale, state was state youre in? cuz everytime i put something up... i usually add (bay area) to the title. for example...

Subject*: 98-01 Wings West rear lip for sale (bay area)

it really does help... just wanted to make this suggestion so it helps eliminate the trouble of skimming thru ads and finding out where they are located at. thanks for your time... peace.

·
Registered
711 Posts
GOOD IDEA!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
why dont everybody just put where theyre from into their profile? thatll be easier b/c it shows everytime they post. and when you put(bay area) in your recent thread title, i automatically thought it meant "bay area buyers only" but i do agree, this is a good idea. i hate it when i respond to a seller and they say, "sorry im across the country and i dont wanna ship that far"

edit: sorry,
i just reread you post. i guess your suggestion works better if you just want to skim thru titles.

·
Registered
648 Posts
If you look under people's avatars, it lists where they're located. As long as they bothered to fill that out properly, that should be enough.

But if they're not willing to ship, they should definitely state that in the ad.

·
Registered
442 Posts
i think it is better off for them to have it because it shows me the members that live in my city so far i have only seen 1 person here that lives in my city and like 300 that live in my state...it kinda annoys me

·
Registered
648 Posts
Cypha_GSR on Sep/27/02 said:
i think it is better off for them to have it because it shows me the members that live in my city so far i have only seen 1 person here that lives in my city and like 300 that live in my state...it kinda annoys me
Better off for them to have what?
You're one of those people who hasn't bothered to fill in their location too, so I don't even know what city or state you're in.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dwolsten on Sep/27/02 said:
If you look under people's avatars, it lists where they're located. As long as they bothered to fill that out properly, that should be enough.

But if they're not willing to ship, they should definitely state that in the ad.
if you paid attention to my post... you would notice that what i have recommended would eliminate having to look through many posts just to find out most of them are out of state. its one thing... if you want to ship things out, but its another thing when you dont wanna deal with the hassle and every ad youve just looked through for about 30 min was from a seller across the united states.

theres nothing complicated about my suggestion. geez... a few words saves people minutes of clicking and back-clicking.

i KNOW you people know what im talking about.

·
Registered
69 Posts
but do you see how everyone that suggests this is on the west coast in cali? What about us east coast peeps? I don't have hardly anyone in my area.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tarheels on Sep/27/02 said:
but do you see how everyone that suggests this is on the west coast in cali? What about us east coast peeps? I don't have hardly anyone in my area.
this is why i suggested this. it would help you narrow down posts of sellers that are local to you. dont you get annoyed that whenever you click on an ad, they are from the westcoast? i know i would.

·
Registered
648 Posts
tarheels on Sep/27/02 said:
That's because no one in Asheville (except you) drives an Integra. Heck, there's probably only a handful of non-American cars there!

I was just in Asheville two months ago, so I do know what I'm talking about. It's not that bad; there's some college students there, but still most places in the southeast like that are very conservative, and people there don't think highly of Japanese cars. one big reason I moved out.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Not to knock your idea, but is it really that hard to click the thread and look at the seller's information?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gvtec on Sep/28/02 said:
Not to knock your idea, but is it really that hard to click the thread and look at the seller's information?
daym... is it that hard for some of you people to comprehend? it is a SUGGESTIoN... to make it easier for people who go through threads daily. not to knock your idea... but is it hard to post a few more words in the title to save people time from clicking and back-clicking? think about it. geez... its not a hard thing to do either.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I would do it if this forum pushed +4 pages a day like HT, but it doesn't.It take 3 seconds to click a link and look at the seller's location. If you don't have 3 seconds to spare, you need help.

I look thru many threads a day also. Such is the nature of a web board; you take your time to research the information you want. Not everything in life will be spoon fed to you.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Gvtec on Sep/28/02 said:
I would do it if this forum pushed +4 pages a day like HT, but it doesn't.It take 3 seconds to click a link and look at the seller's location. If you don't have 3 seconds to spare, you need help.

I look thru many threads a day also. Such is the nature of a web board; you take your time to research the information you want. Not everything in life will be spoon fed to you.
thats probably because you have nothing better to do...

besides... i didnt think suggesting to help better research faster had anything to do with being spoon fed. i think some of you who have negative opinions about my suggestion are postwhore toolboys anyway. shut the f**k up already... if you do not like the suggestion.. continue on with your search.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts