Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995 integra LS special edition
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First lemme start by saying this is about my 91 civic. Dont flame me but I'm 99 percent sure my 95 special edition and my civic use the same fuel filter(they look identical). Being the stupid stoner i am I left the windows rolled down on my civic yesterday and when I went out to my car this morning the gas cap was off but I was not missing any fuel, even more strange my gas can was missing and I found it at the end of my road. My civic was stolen a few weeks back out of my parking lot and the lady that was driving it had the car pack full of her stuff. I'm assuming she was living in it or was couch surfing. My theory is either some punk kid was just messing with my car or trying to steal something OR car theif sidechick was mad I threw all her stuff in the dumpster and wanted some vengeance. So my question is should I replace the fuel filter? Is there anyway you guys know of to check if there's anything besides gas in the tank? It still runs and drives fine but I would like a little piece of mind. Thanks guys (and girls alike)

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I know my integra has a fuel tank drain bolt. check to see if yours does. check dealer and see if there is an oring or something there before removing the bolt, in case it doesn't seal up after you put the bolt back.

drain fuel into a container and dispose of it properly. auto shop might take it, or Advance AUto..... put some fuel treatment in there and fresh gas.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. It drives just fine. I'm gonna send it and keep driving it. I only paid 200 for the car lol

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
If there is sugar in there, and you drive it, it will fuq up all kinds of fuel system things. Basically everything that it flows through. Even if you paid 200 for it, it is still money from your pocket. Why not take the SUPER simple and cheap steps to protect an investment? seriously, I don't get it. If you didn't care about the car, you should have just let the homeless chick keep it. At least they cared about it enough to steal it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont disagree with you but a few days after I got my clutch replaced on my teggy so I'm not driving that car. I plan on giving it to my little brother so I think it will be a good opportunity to teach him how to drop the tank and change the fuel filter, bleed the brakes, change tie rods etc. The more stuff that's broken the more he learns lol. I also dont think they put anything in there, I did some more investigating and I couldn't find and sugar or anything that wasnt supposed to be there. They were probably just trying to steal my gas and failed and I'm just paranoid. Thanks for the input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts