Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it rained really bad here in Houston yesterday and I managed to drive through some water that was just a bit to deep for my CAI to handle... well, I guess I didn't really "drive through" it. More like drive into and get stuck in some deep water.

Brought the car back to my place today on my friends trailer and starting tearing her apart. The exhuast was very full of water and is still draining, though much slower now.

I've got the plugs out and the valve cover off to let the engine dry out (hopefully) a bit. Also drained the oil. I'm going to leave it until Sunday, put new oil in her and pray she runs. And if not, well I'm not sure what I'm going to do... besides cry that is :(

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Good luck with everything man. I'm not a fan of the bypass valve as a lot of people know, but things like this happen, especially if you get stuck in it. That sucks (no pun intended). Hope everything is ok once Sunday rolls around.

Did you try to start the car after this happened? Did it stall at all?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
ive been thorugh this... quick, go buy some "marvel mystery oil", and dump some down the cylinder holes. the stuff works to break up and prevent rust. my engine would have been fine if i had done this first off, but the pistons siezed to the wall...

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
I don't think he did it on purpose. I haven't heard of anyone purposely trying to hydrolock his engine. Lets give him the benefit of the doubt, I'm sure he's not an idiot.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
so wait... whats wrong with the bypass valve? is it just a rip off or someting or does it actually do what they say it does?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Did your bypass valve work? don't tell me you had one or i'm gonna take my cai w/ bpv today off and put my stock filter back on and save up for a comptech system.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Stalling in lots of water is different from hydrolocking your engine. Just hope that it was something electric that got wet. That happened to me before, and I was afraid because I had a AEM CAI. Im over here in Beaumont, so I know what you mean about water coming out of nowhere. Best of luck
Adam

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
it takes a pretty good amount of water to lock an engine... there is a lot of dead space in between the top of the cylinder. as long as that is not totally filled at any point, you shouldnt have broken anything. the only thing to worry about then is rust.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts