Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Okay, quick question. If you have a DVC sub, and it has a 300w rms (150w per coil) and you want to wire the coils together, how much can you send over it? 150 or 300?

AND, if you have two dvc and you want to wire them all together for to a single channel (e.g. two 4ohm dvc subs wired to two ohms, then wired together to 4 ohms) how much power can you send?

I hope this question makes sense...any ideas?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I have a similar setup to what you seem to be talking about. Right now, I have two cerwin vega HED dvc10's. I am running 250 watts to each sub at 4 ohms. (totalling 500 watts with both subs). The amount of wattage depends on how you wire the sub. My subs are dual voice coil, 4 ohms each coil. I have them wired so they are running at 4 ohms total. I'm having a hard time explaining this. All I do is hook the stuff up, its hard for me to explain it. I'm sure there's someone around here who can explain it better.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since you have a 4 ohm total, I assume that you wired in a parallel/series configuration. A 2-channel sub, bridged to mono would have a 4 ohm load, now the big question is do you send the amount of power appropriate to one voice coil, or to a whole sub?

In the case of dual 150 watt voice coils, do you send 300 watts to this single channel, or 150 watts?

I think what I typed is close to your setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts