Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a pioneer deh-p6400 deck, and the rear preouts can be switched to subwoofer preouts, but the manager at this car stereo store said that if i switch it to sub, then the rear speakers would just be putting out bass instead of full range, so i had to buy the bass control knob to make it all work..is this correct? i don't see why putting it in sub mode would change how the speakers sound...what do you guys think? any help is appreciated

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Are the speakers running off an amp or the deck itself? If they are running off the deck you would not have needed to purchase anything else.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it'll be running off an amp, i'm gonna be using a 250/1 and 2 w0's if that helps out any..

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Then you would just need 2 Y adapters for your front RCA's to split it into 4, to run to the high's amp. what is the thing called they made you buy?

edit: I ment are your 6 1/2" spkrs running from an amp or the deck

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bass control knob, its made by alpine, model #4313. i just wanna know if the rear is gonna put out just bass now...i wanna get rid of that knob if i can, i had to pay 50 for it..im not really concerned about amping rear speakers, if anything im just gonna amp my fronts, but yea...what about those rears??

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have a pioneer HU with that feature, and if I understand you correctly then the answer to your question is no. Turning the sub control to oN and using the rear pre-outs for a sub will not make the rear speakers put out only bass.
That guys should know better than that. What you would do is turn on the Sub-Cntrl feature on the head unit and select what crossover point you want for the sub from the headunit. When the sub-ctrl is turned on when you go to adjust say the treble and bass for your full range speakers, it will have no effect to the signal being sent to your amp/sub.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks a lot, once i get that amp, i'm gonna hook it up without the knob and see how it all works to make sure...then i have to go ***** out that guy that sold me the knob...thanks for all the replies, i appreciate it a ton

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
look, the radio has two sets of outputs obviosuly....

Front Set: puts out "full" music all the time
Rear Set: puts out "full" OR "sub" music out all the time... flip the switch to "sub" and it sounds like a built in crossover kicks in.. done deal...

theres no reason to be upset, no reason to go ***** out the sales guy.....if you want F/R/S (all 6), then buy/echange-for a deck with what you need

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just don't like how he said i NEEDED the knob when apparently i don't need it at all, just made me pull 50 bucks outta my pocket needlessly..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts