Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear everyone,
For the last, I'd say, three months, all my paychecks, change, and just about every last dime I have has been put into trying to get this ls/vtec together. Now, I've been stopped dead in my tracks by a plethera of problems...including buying the wrong ecu, money conditions (lack of funds) and other minor complications. I have just about everything I need, minus a new intake manifold, intake, ITR intake cam, new pistons, and ls/vtec kit (from golden eagle) and also golden eagle's block girdle kit. All those parts are on my list, I didn't just pull that outta nowhere, and that is why certain brands are named. I even got the head polished, and a new valve job with all new valvetrain internals. Now I'm sitting on a pile of parts in my room and am so distraught as to where I should go with this. Sell it all and just fix up the ls motor? Sell it all go turbo? Or continue on the path, to what could be worth it, or could just be a major engine malfunction. (of course depending on where I get it installed and tuned, which of course is more money)
-Stuck in rut,
Matt

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Selling it all and going turbo is going to run you down the same path of problems.

I would just be patient and wait to get more funds to finish it correctly.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I dunno i'll prolly stick to it. I just need to iron out my problems here, which is gunna take at least a year. But in the mean time, if anyone is looking to trade a Gsr intake manifold for an aftermarket one, so i can solve this little diddy of a problem, then i'd be gracious. Also if anyone needs a new Gsr headgasket or stock spark wires I can throw that in the deal or something perhaps...
Matt

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
What type of intake manifold are you looking for a OEM GSR or a AFTERMARKET one. I'll have a '99 civic si intake manifold once I get my car back if that helps.

Also some people have all the funds to do something like this all at once (like myself not to brag). I tell my boss this everyday at work, be patient and take BABY STEPS towards what you are trying to do, and everything should work out just fine.

Good luck with this setup, and let me know if you need any help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.