Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi and thanks for reading first of all,

I tried searching in articles for "struts" and I only found an installation and something about the McFerson or something like that ^^;;.

Anyway, i bought the teg maybe 5 or so months ago and it came with lowering springs already. My dad (a mechanic) and some friends are telling me I need struts because if someone sits in the rear sit the car "bottoms out." Well my dad wants to buy some monroe struts but he says i need new springs to match.

Now my question is how exactly do I tell what matches what? I know what struts are but are shocks just another word or a completely different component?

Assuming I get these monroe struts (unless you guys think I should get a different brand, please give me the reasons why), what springs should I get to match. I'm looking for decent performance without spending (700+ dollars on like an SS Tein kit or something like that). Any suggestions? Sorry, ill look more in the articles for info.

EDIT: I know ill probably get asked this question so Im looking to drop 1 inch max, also coilovers would do well.

EDIT: Ok, I read the forum with specifications for springs and that kinda helps but how would I match the struts to the springs I want, for example a .75"-1.75" drop sounds nice and I noticed one of the H&R type springs have that, so if I bought monroe struts would it work with it, does it matter if i were to buy coilovers?

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
We have Shock absorbers in our cars, not MacPherson struts.

Many spring manufacturers make a 1" drop spring such as H&R, Eibach, Tokico, Neuspeed, etc.

Most of the aftermarket shocks will work well with those springs. KYB, Koni, Tokico, Bilstein, etc...

I personally wouldn't get the Monroe shocks, simply because they are more of a OEM replacement rather than an upgrade. You would put Monroes on your dad's 1992 Ford Taurus. The opposite would also hold true...your dad's Taurus wouldn't be sporting Koni Yellows.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see, I think my dad just tells me these things because he hates that I lower my car and get into the whole car scene, he's right but we're human and we like things that arent good for us sometimes.

Anyway, another question is the lb/ft that I was reading on some springs. If they are coilovers does that mean there could be more or less lbs depending on how much its lowered?

So, if i went with some Tokico and Koni aftermarket shocks (does it matter what kind of shock?) and got some generic coilovers and dropped them 1" would they be compatible?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.