Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
i/m in the process of doing it. i just put it on but i dont think its on right. its touching the intake manifold/thortle body. it seems ok but for some reason i have a feeling that its not supposed to be resting on it. anyone know?

·
Registered
221 Posts
hey i bought one, and it does the same thing, it rests on the throttle body, and the hood wont close with it on there, i called the dealer and they said you cant put a front strut tower bar on the g2 tegs that have ABS. so he told me to send it back.

·
Registered
352 Posts
really, i didnt know that. my hood closes fine though. but it is still rrsting on the throttle body. is that bad?

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
hey guys, do a search on this site and also check out g2ic.com there are a few that do fit with ABS, and a few that need modification. Also the ABS were different between 90-91 and 92-93 gen2 models. when you check it ut let us know.
one last thing, lift you car up to take the weight off of your front tires/suspension. then the install goes much smoother because there is no chassis flex.

·
Registered
732 Posts
i have a 90 gs with ABS and mines is fine. It runs behind the abs unit and close to the fire wall , behind the intake manifold. I also thought it was weird at first but I remember my friend BMW has the strut bar and it runs along the same path. And i do feel the difference in handling.

·
Registered
221 Posts
if its resting on the throttle body it should be fine as long as it isnt clamping any of your oxygen sensors.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Neuspeed perhaps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts