Team Integra Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
my ls ran a 15.9 with just and intake and tire press at like 20psi. and my 60ft were no better than a 2.37 you shuld def get a tune

·
Registered
280 Posts
Running a virgin p28 on a b series vtec motor is not a good combination. Were you only redlining at 7,200 rpm's? That engine it in its peak powerband at that point. Do you have a gsr swap or an itr swap? Check the block code. What was stamped on the pistons? Just because the pistons had a "high dome" doesn't mean its an itr engine. Honestly, you should have never went to the track with your current setup. Its sounds like you have some quality parts, take it to a professional tuner and get these glaring errors taken care of, then maybe you'll see some results.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The motor is currently out as of yesterday, Im beginning my turbo project, so everything will be done correctly. Im almost 100% sure its an itr. and i was able to get it to 7.8k I didnt know that it was that bad to run it like that, but after I pulled the head I saw that like you guys said it was running realy rich. It looked like white powder stuck all over the valves.

·
Banned
9,126 Posts
i think he gets it guys, he needs a tune.

anyway, once your tuned go back get a few more runs under your belt replace your exhaust because as some one said before it is most likly causing a bottle neck then i think you'll be good to go

goodluck

21 - 24 of 24 Posts