·
Registered
176 Posts
nice times, i cant wait to have mine and meet you guys down there

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
someone mentioned something about lowering my 60' times. I tried searching and i have practiced my launches but i cant seem to get any lower than 2.3's-2.4's. I would like some input to get better times, since i believe my car has the potential to break 14's.

·
Registered
102 Posts
lowering the tire pressure and slipping the clutch will net you a better 60'. Those trap speed are good for a 14.9 or so, good luck.

The k20's are still better then the b18c1's. Ive seen bolt on rsx's do low 14's high 13s with just i/h/c/e/tunning. The one you raced obviously was new at drag racing or simply wasnt any good. His 2.6 60 ft is proof of that. My old 92 auto teg never got worse then a 2.4 60'

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I tried lowering the psi to 20, but that only cost me mph at the end of the track, only trapping never above 90, after i put it at 27 psi, 92s, 93.70 mph.

I do feather the clutch, its the only way i wont spin 1/2 down the track.
Better tires seem to be the next logical step and quote vtec-sound "practice, practice, practice"

K20s have incredible potential i dont deny that, but like i said earlier, horsepower should compensate bad driving, at least against my stock car.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
oh the 13 sec run was a Mustang Cobra, and the 14.2 pass was a truck with slicks on. the guy in the truck runs bracket professionally.
You guys should have heard the whine of the supercharger, there was another that ran 11.5 on a street cobra...sick bastard

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
yeah...and this crybaby could be heard literally all the way down the track, the cobra was competing almost with the outlaws....for some reason it had the best gripping tires i have seen for a street car.
every whining mean mph ^^^^
I tried to keep up...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Very nice times man. I have pretty much the same car; 100% stock 95 GSR with 132k miles on it... I might take it down to the track and size up my driving skills against yours :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice times the track whers your at can be too high its in florida I say no more than 200 ft MAX. Orland speed world is 60ft (hour away) if that helps. I heard Gainsvilla is one of the best tracks in forida. I have a friend how ran his car there and said it totally rocks there.

What do you launch at?

·
Registered
113 Posts
impressive times, i haven't been able to break a 15.7 but i can't really figure out what i am doing wrong...congrats and hopefully with better tires you will break into the 14's

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
no. the horsepower in an rsx isnt going to compensate for a bad drive especially since theyre not insanely fast against a gsr. horsepower will compensate for a bad driver when its your bone stock gsr vs an evo or sti. or for example that outlaw car that ran a 10's

the guy probably was a bad driver or something theres a plethora of reasons why.

but i must say for a bone stock gsr those are good 1/4 mile times.

good job

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Hey everybody , thanks very much for the compliments.
huntarr...DO IT, take it to the track and test yourself, track and street are two worlds apart.
LDSR, I keep launching at 3500-4000 and feather the clutch until i get traction. Is it ok to go up as 5000 or 5500, without dumping the clutch. maybe better 60'?? i dont know ill try it out next time.
tomace, try feathering the clutch at relatively hgher rpms, and try lowering the psi of the tires , i have found that 27-28 works best for my car, (all stock)
Also, I shift at redline, ~8100, that got me from 90s to 93s mph. and quick shifting.
My next "mod" , TINTS!!!! **** florida sun ahahaha

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
thank you for the comments everybody..its good to hear support

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
excesive, look at the 15.23 run , that was against a 2005 rsx type s.
I am planning on going again this weds, ill se how it goes, hopefully some lower ambient temps. lol

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
ppenguing...how are you launching it and what are your trap speeds on those 15.1 runs?

21 - 40 of 68 Posts