Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have slightly torn boot and otherwise no noise issues at all. Car has 150k.
Current climate, I do not know anyone replace boot in Nor cal for reasonable price. Do you know someone?

Rockauto has chinese parts and Cardon, TrakMotive and another.

There is also split boot.

Any recommendation pls?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Brand alone really doesn't matter. The last time I did a boot, I bought it from a brick & mortar. You want one that's rubbery and not that rigid plastic crap that develops cracks in short order. That's about all I can really tell you though.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brand alone really doesn't matter. The last time I did a boot, I bought it from a brick & mortar. You want one that's rubbery and not that rigid plastic crap that develops cracks in short order. That's about all I can really tell you though.
Thank you - if I were buying from RockAuto, which brand should I get? They have a chinese brand TrakMotive for cheap, whole axle?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will not be doing it - so shops wants to do the whole axle.
I am sad about having to lose the OEM - so cautious about brand - my car is everything stock with under 150k.

·
Registered
1 owner, garaged,. 175k miles, runs great Stock except cat back and header DC
13 Posts
I replaced the driver side CV Joint assembly due to a split boot.
Put on a premium NAPA CV joint.
Works great, no issues.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I replaced the driver side CV Joint assembly due to a split boot.
Put on a premium NAPA CV joint.
Works great, no issues.
How much were they, parts? Who makes it for NAPA?

Someone reported the cheap one, TrakMotive, worked for him - unsure for how long?

Know a place to buy Trq brand for cheap?

This car/Civic are plenty - so the part must be easy to get - but seems some what hard - getting into unknown brands!

·
Registered
13 Posts
How much were they, parts? Who makes it for NAPA?

Someone reported the cheap one, TrakMotive, worked for him - unsure for how long?

Know a place to buy Trq brand for cheap?

This car/Civic are plenty - so the part must be easy to get - but seems some what hard - getting into unknown brands!
NAPA premium CV joint/axle about $250.....I paid $370 installed. No issues.

·
Registered
13 Posts
And shops don't recommend using a split boot kit for a fix. They always come apart.
We all know Honda OEM parts are best but pricey and hard to find for older integrals.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts