Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2-door 1992 LS, and i keep hearing this squeaking/rubbing sound coming from what seems like under the dash. It happens only when the car is moving and is worse when its cold. Has anyone else been having this problem? I cant seem to figure it out. Any help at all would be awesome. thanks

·
Premium Member
1996 LS Manual Hatchback
2,509 Posts
My g3 does it too o nthe passenger's side, and I thought it was from under the dash but turns out it was from wheel well, my suspension bushing needed to be replaced and when it is cold you can hear it from down my driveway and it takes forever to go away, after I get warmed up a bit, and that's if it goes away at all which it usually doesn't, especially on a nice hump in the road.

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
Yep. I had the same problem. I took some small foam pieces and cut them to fit in between the metal and plastic knee panels. The lower part of the dash right by your knees will shake around and make a sqeaky noise when it rubs against the metal knee plate right behind it.

When you're driving, put your hand down and pull down lightly on the very bottom of the plastic of the dash and the sound should go away. Be careful when you do it though, don't crash... lol.

I think it's worse when it's cold because the plastic becomes a little bit more stiff.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My guess is engine mounts. When they start to fail the car vibrates more, and you starting hearing more squeaking and rattling from all sorts of places. I had loads of dashboard squeaks until I had my mounts replaced. The bad news: it's expensive.

·
Registered
129 Posts
those panels are called knee bolsters :) my teg makes some weird squealing noises too. Every time I steer the wheel or turning the wheel, even when its not moving it makes these annoying squealing noises. I was thinking that the boots on the inner tie-rod possibly didnt have enough grease or are completely dry. **** I hope not :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.