Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok problem started recently, I think. When im up around 5k RPM and I dog on the throttle I get a squeal noise from my engine bay. From the inside of the car it sounds like a loose belt however when im looking under the hood it sounds lower pitched and a bit like my intake. Im using a JR short intake and a JRSC @ 8 PSI. I just want to know if this is somthing I should worry about or just put off as a really annoying intake suction? If anymore info is needed let me know, if need be I can record the sound for you guys.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
some short ram intakes will make a whining nosie when you step on the gas. it is typical. you can simply change the fitler if it bothers you that much

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies I'm not sure what it is. I think my next step will be to remove the filter in my garage and see if it still makes the noise.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
k just ran it without the filter and still get the sound. So now i'm hoping for a loose belt. I don't know how to figure out which belt is slipping and then i have to figure out why its slipping. Any suggestions as to how to figure out which one is slippping?

·
Registered
269 Posts
if your at 5k and stomp the throttle the jrsc is already running at full extent. could it be the whine of the blower being magnified by your intake? also check the tension of the blower drive belts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts