Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working under the dash the other day changing out my gauges. I got a 91 rs, auto. Anyway after moving somethings around and pulling some things out (whihc i all put back, at least i think i did)i finished. than when i put everything back together and started up my car evrything worked fine.

Next day i'm driving around and all of a sudden out of the blue i hear this random beeping. It sounds like the warning beep when you dont have your seat belts in or some kind of warning beep like that. Sometimes it just beeps once, other times it beeps a couple times, than once it beeped like crazy for like half a minute. Generally it beeps a little after the car has been started but than sometime its just totally randaom and nothing was done to trigger it. I have no freakin clue whats wrong or what i need to do to fix it.

Does anyone have any idea or general info that can at least point me in the right direction. Thanks

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'm not sure if this would cause the beeping or not,
but are you sure you plugged everything back into
your gauges tightly? Is your speedo working? I know
when I disconnected my gauges, and put them back in,
a couple things were loose, and I got odd effects. Never
got a beeping, though.

Does it sound exactly like the beeping when you
unplug the seatbelt? Not sure? Unplug your seatbelt
and see.

Sorry not much help...just throwin' out ideas.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Is it a beep like "I left my keys in the ignition", or is it a chime like "I left my headlights on"? I dont know about G2 Tegs, but my G3 will beep when the key is in the ignition and the door is open, but it will chime when the headlights are on. Seatbelts have no effect on beeping, they just put on a little red "Put your damn seatbelt on" light. Maybe this will help determine what is making you beep.

·
Registered
133 Posts
hey i drive a 91 gs, and i get the exact same beeping, i know what your talking about, its a slow steady monotonous beep, usually in the first 5 minutes of driving. and there is no reason why, or any lights that go on to let you know why. I put my gauges in my self too, but i dont think thats the problem, i was beeping before i got the gauges. let me know if you find out why it does that

·
Registered
124 Posts
This is more than likely your ICU. There is plenty of info on it on G2IC. Just search for "weird beeping" or something of that nature. More symptoms include intermittent wiper failure, rear defrost failure. PM me if you need help because I've fixed mine on a 91 RS too.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm getting the exact same thing in my 1995. It sometimes beeps once or twice, then just stops. Then again it might beep again and again for no reason...

·
Registered
79 Posts
next time you hear it.. plug your passenger seat belt in.. if it goes away.. you know its the sensor. i had that problem in my last car

·
Registered
472 Posts
tonin0 on Sep/22/03 said:
This is more than likely your ICU. There is plenty of info on it on G2IC. Just search for "weird beeping" or something of that nature. More symptoms include intermittent wiper failure, rear defrost failure. PM me if you need help because I've fixed mine on a 91 RS too.
Vouch for good site
Generation 2 Integra Club
When I had my 91 RS and 92 LS I was always on there...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts