Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1996 LS Manual Hatchback
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a VR3 radio laying around, not that old about 2 yrs or so. The radio works perfectly fine interface-wise, but the problem is it only sends signal to the speakers on the right side to the car and not to the left channel, does anyone have any idea why??

I haven't tried it with an amp yet, but I'm pretty sure that should solve it, but I'd rather get this working and avoid an amp setup if i can.

The model is VRCD400-USB

BTW, It only does this when it plays cd's, when I'm using the FM Tuner it plays it just fine.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
are they RCA connectors? Try switching the cables at the back of the VR3 and see if its only the left channel then. If it does switch, its only your cables, if it doesn't, its something wrong with your VR3.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
You sure the balance on the radio is not all the way to the right?

·
Registered
394 Posts
i know for my sony headunit the setting is different when you change from tuner then to CD. maybe your tuner is set to balanced while your CD is set all the way to one side. Just a thought... if not maybe something is loose in the back.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm thinking its your radio, figure out what wires that come out of your radio go to that side of the car and hook up the speaker directly to those wires, that'll tell you right away if its your radio.
And if it is, and you dont wanna spend much, hit walmart/kmart and get a $39 radio/cd player, lol...

·
Premium Member
1996 LS Manual Hatchback
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
digdug18 on Sep/16/07 said:
I'm thinking its your radio, figure out what wires that come out of your radio go to that side of the car and hook up the speaker directly to those wires, that'll tell you right away if its your radio.
And if it is, and you dont wanna spend much, hit walmart/kmart and get a $39 radio/cd player, lol...
Good idea, i'll have to try that. If i do though what wires will I have to connect besides the speakers wires, if any at all? Just ground and +12v so it has juice, because the rest are speakers and antenna power right?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
you might want to check out your radio harness. I had a similar problem..my back speakers werent working and it turned out to be the radio harness somehow wasnt contacting good inside and coincidentally it happend for both rear speakers. After fiddlign around with it i got the wires in good and since then no problem.

·
Premium Member
1996 LS Manual Hatchback
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Da1witskilz on Sep/17/07 said:
you might want to check out your radio harness. I had a similar problem..my back speakers werent working and it turned out to be the radio harness somehow wasnt contacting good inside and coincidentally it happend for both rear speakers. After fiddlign around with it i got the wires in good and since then no problem.

I'll check but the thing is it works when I listen to my FM stations but just not whe nI put on a CD

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
XmkncX on Sep/16/07 said:
i know for my sony headunit the setting is different when you change from tuner then to CD. maybe your tuner is set to balanced while your CD is set all the way to one side. Just a thought... if not maybe something is loose in the back.
My alpine is the same way. Two completely different settings.
You may want to look into that. seems like it would be the simplest solution to your problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.