Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when my car gets going for a little while, right by my feet it gets REALLY hot, like hot air is blowing from the vents. Does anybody else have this? If so, how do i fix it? when my feet sweat they stink. NOT GOOD!

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
do you have the vent open?

·
Registered
184 Posts
If you are feeling hot air blowing on your feet, you probably have the vent open. If so, then change it to circurlate the air around. If that's not what it is, you are probably just feeling the heat through the firewall. I know in my teg, I tend to feel a little bit of the engine heat by my feet, but not enough to make my feet sweat though.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya the vents are closed, and it's on cold. Do your cd players produce alot of heat? i thought that might be it too.

·
Registered
354 Posts
naw, not cd players, and if they did, you'd prolly smell buring wires. Hmm... did you upgrade your exhaust system? That's the only thing I can come up with

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have a ToN of heat coming from behind my radio area. It definetly makes my feet sweat. I can't figure it out. My center console gets SOO hot too. Don't know why

·
Registered
267 Posts
I can feel lots of heat coming from my e-brake...or rather, the place where the handle comes out

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
ChaseKB on Sep/07/02 said:
I can feel lots of heat coming from my e-brake...or rather, the place where the handle comes out
i get the same heat from that area as well.....

to whoever started this thread.. when that happens and you stop.. get out of the car, and reach down there and tocuh stuff that it could be.... floor, vent system, etc.... theres no use guessing, your hand can tell you

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmmm, i should have mentioned that some of my heat shield is gone from when i put in my short shifter, so that gets hot. I put my hand back there and my cd player was WAY hot, like OW! but i dunno, it hasnt been AS BAD lately with the real hot feeling, next time i go to wyoming i'll pay more attention. That;s the bi weekly joy ride in the teg.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I haven't done any mods to my shifter. I can't believe how hot it gets. There's a metal bar that goes under the carpet behind the console, i feel very hot air coming through that. does having the car lowered have any affect you think?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think I know what all of you are talking about, my console and the that whole area around under the radio all the way back to the e-brake gets really hot. I think what it is is an exhaust leak that you aren't noiticing. Even if you can't hear it what it might be doing is blowing strait heat onto the bottom of the car making it hot like that. Just a guess

1 - 12 of 12 Posts