Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys. Well the neverending soap-opra with my car will soon be at and end. I should have it back by this week. The bad new? Im leaving for college 3 days after that and im not bringing the car. So my question is. What should i do about storing it. The car is gona have new paint on it and i dont know what to do because i wont be here to take car of it for a couple months. No one in my family knows sh*t about cars or taking care of them so i cant depend on them. And all my friends are going away too. Does anyone have any tips on storing the car. Also some things i can do to the engine before storing it. Thanx

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Probably the best thing you can do if you cant store it is get a good car cover. It would be worth it considering you have new paint on the car.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
top off all fluids, get a cover that breaths (OEM is best), if you can...put the car on jacks (on all 4 points) to keep the tires from getting flat spots, ask a family member to just let it run 10 minutes/week.

edit: before you leave...wash, wax, polish, and seal the paint COMPLETELY!

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
If your storing it inside, Get a car cover that breathes, Disconnect the battery, change oil, and make sure all fluids are topped off. Before you go away take it on the highway for a nice long trip and fill up the tank and add fuel stabalizer.if you put it on jack stands take off the wheels to take the weight off the axles. But keeping it covered will help alot.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
And make sure to protect/condition your dash and leather.

Are you storing indoor or outdoor?

If indoor, leave a window open slightly, perhaps half an inch or less.

Got mice in the garage? stuff a piece of steel wool in the tailpipe and throw some moth balls underneath the engine bay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts