Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This moring im driving down the highway and a stone off the jetta in front of my came up and put a very small chip in the windsheild of my car, is it possible to get them fixed or do i need to get new windshield now before this ones crack spiders? if they are fixable how much do they usually cost to get fixed what is the usual price of just getting a new one?

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Chip in the glass itself (as in glass material missing) or a small crack? There are companies out there that fixes winsield glasses and they do a great job. I'd suggest looking in your local yellow pages for companies that do this.

Unless its cracked like a spider web or a line across the winshioeld you won't have to replace it. Costwise, it varies.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I strongly suggest going to an auto glass place and having them look at it. They'll tell you if you need it sealed or glazed. My father had a small chip in his RL and meant to get it sealed but didnt get around to it until our first really cold week and it began to crack. Very expensive to replace a windsheild on an RL, probably not cheap for a teg either.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya i think tomorrow after work i will bring to it to an auto glass place and see how much to get it fixed, i hope its fixable becasue i really dont want to have replace the windsheild because a stupid stone

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Jan/22/06 said:
I think they have those DIY auto chip kits. These don't always work though. If the chip turns into a crack, and starts to spread, replace the window.
I tried one i got from pepboys on my car (most expensive one i could find, $10 i think), followed the instructions perfect and it didn't do anything. It was a pretty small chip too.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have it in my insurance covers glass, so when I called them they sent a Satellite Glass Company or some deal, they came with a tool that suctioned onto my window and put resin into my window so it wont spider, if its more then 1 inch then it will need to be replaced.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Funny you ask this, because I had the same problem twice this year. The general rule of thumb is if the crack is less then the size of a quarter in diameter, then it can be repaired. In other words, place a quarter over the crack, if it covers the whole thing, it can be repaired. Many glass places have the equipment to do this, should run you $50-$70 depending on where you go. Note however that what they will do is seal the crack and smooth the glass, after the repair you will still be able to see where the crack was (although its appearence should deminish)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the crack is very small, less the 1/4 of an inch, i do have glass replacment but its a very small crack i would just like to see if i can get mine fixed somewhere first, i dont like to go through insuance because i dont want it to go up, plus i have never had to make a claim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.