Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Damn you for making me laugh out loud by myself at work.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
When ever I hear that I thank God I don't drive a civic at.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
me too. i got auto :( But i really want a stick. I really never did drove a stick intil my brother in law let me. I have to say i learned it quick. It was fun cause i burned and and chrip in 1 2 3 gear after i got the hang of it after 15 mins. Hella fun

·
Registered
48 Posts
Loss of power comes from the torque converter....it's terribly inefficient....but oh well, I guess we have to make do w/our ATs until we get some cash to upgrade or swap it out....who knows.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
umm.....tourque converters make us lose 40 horsepower. or is it a combination. If it is the tourque converter only why doesn't everyone just send their tourqes into level ten performance.levelten.com

·
Registered
352 Posts
good question. will that help to get rid of the loss of hp in the autos? please say yes!! unless its not true of course, than dont say yes. but i'm hopping that it is true so that it will be the answer to all our automatic problems!! in theory of course.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
heck yeah that would be awsome! iv ealso heard people suggest a chip. does anyone know about this? or is this the same thing as screwin with you ECU to make it think cold air is colder air is coming in when its not?

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
ECU chips are for cars that have larger hp numbers, not cars that are stock or very close to stock. Chip = junk....

And if you're going to upgrade your torque converter, why not just get a manual swap????

·
Registered
352 Posts
its cheaper to upgrade the torque converter and also less of a hassle. I've looked around and it will cost any where from 1000-1500 to swap in a manual, where its only at the most like 500 to upgrade the torque converter. And if you wanted you could get a shift kit for like another 500 and still be cheaper than the manual transmission swap. If it really works and is worth it than i'm all over upgrading my torque converter and adding a shift kit. Has anyone done this and how big is the differnece?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that swhat i thought i always hear people talkin about the problems they have with chips.
around how much does a manual converion cost?

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
I've read around 1500 but you'll have to ask someone who has done it. (I'm sure someone who has done it will post. And I bet they'll also tell you it was the best money that they've spent.) Nothing against automatics, but I've had cars with both trannys, my GSR being my first manual, and it's a lot more fun to drive a stick...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Im changing my ls auto to manual right now, can't really tell you the power difference, but put it this way, if your running low 17's or high 16's with your auto, then you will definitely be able to run high 15's after changing it to manual. You could send your auto transmission up to a shop that was in south cali somewhere, and they will make it more consistent, but they charge you almost 3 grand just to do it, so its best just to go manual, auto does not belong on a sports car, especially one that is 4 cylinder automatic, so it would be best to change it to manual, and you wont be dissappointed about the power gain to the wheels.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts