Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's finally time for me to get my suspension replaced. I've been around Lexington for a long time but I have usually done all of the work on my integra myself. Therefore, I don't know of any good shops in the area. I'm trying to find a place that will replace my stock shocks and springs.

Does anyone know of a place around town where I can just get my shocks and springs replaced without getting ripped off? I've been to horsepower house to get a new clutch installed before but I thought they were a bit expensive ($250 labor, I provided the clutch).

·
Registered
851 Posts
You will most likely have to have your rear lower control arm bolts cut off. They suffer dissimilar metal corrosion, and always seize. Expect that to cost you more.

Changing the front is not hard, you just need a spring compressor (rent from autozon/pep boys etc) and your typical honda tools.

Can't help you on the Lex shops though.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got a quote for $961...Does this sound about right? I find it hard to justify doing all of this work for my car considering the shape that it is in.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
does that price include the new springs and shocks or just the labor? if its just the labor then **** that price lol. There are articles on here on how to do it step by step with pictures. Trust me when I did mine I had never touched suspension before and was pretty nervous about doing it. But now Im so glad I did cause now I have that experience and it saved me a **** ton of money. And almost for sure your lower lca bolts will be siezed so I would just buy some new lca's and two lca bolts from the dealership and you will be all set.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's everything included...I ended up having to get the LCA bolts replaced too and that was an additional cost. I'm pretty sure that I could have done it a lot cheaper myself, but I really needed to get it done and I didn't have the place/tools to get it done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts