Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the forums and articles but have not found a thread/article on this yet (probably because it's a simple procedure for most people, I'm guessing), but I've never done it before, so I thought I'd ask.

Over half of the LEDs in my 95 LS's stock stereo have gone out. The CD player's still fine, but most of the preset buttons on the actual stereo unit are unlit and are now impossible to see in the dark. I can handle taking the unit out, thanks to the Stock Stereo removal article, but has anyone replaced the LEDs inside the stereo before? If so: got any info on bulb types/sizes, how much of a pain it's going to be to disassemble the stereo unit itself, etc?

I've no doubt I can do it, just thought I'd see if anyone else has some tips before I give it a shot.

Thanks, all!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
this is just a guess but grab a bunch of LED's off ebay or some other place of your choice. Remember when you are putting them on that LED's are polar meaning electricity will only flow in one direction there is anode and cathode with the cathode side being positive (just a note) hope this helps but it seems like a good time to go ahead and replace with an aftermarket to me with all the trouble you will go through with this.
Later,
Jared

1 - 2 of 2 Posts