Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey... what's the power output of the stock speakers on a 91 LS model?

The volume on my right front speaker is really soft... Could i fix this somehow?
The back two seem fine
The 'grill' covering on my front left fell off, and its really dusty...

I'm definitely thinking about replacing them when i purchase a new headunit... i've got the original radio cassette, which gets a bit of clipping when i turn it up a bit...

Thanks people
Dan

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm not sure but I think that when I took mine out they had a rating of 20w input. This is probably a peak value so I would say that they have an RMS rating of about... 10w wouldn't be to far off. As far as your volume being soft sounds like your speaker just let go. You said you get clipping when you turn it up so you probably just cooked it one day. Replacing your speakers would be a good idea the stock units are really not that good.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
regardless.. what a speaker is "rated" at, has zero to do with how much output they provide.... if 4 speakers are in the car, and have identocal specs... no matter how good or bad those specs are, all speakers should play equal

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
yea i just put a alpine 7863 in my teg and the right front speaker is alot softer than the rest.. and when i turn it up loud they all break up pretty good... so im guessing their effed... im savin for a alpine type-r compenent set for the front, and alpine 2 ways in the back
... $$$ tho

i wish i was a baller

1 - 4 of 4 Posts