Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how can it be that nissan maxima 89 stock bose sound system sound way better than for example 95 integra or lotsa other cars is it the door or speaker enclosure or what makes the bass sound like theres a sub in the car
will it make a difference if i seal the speaker inside the door?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Their probably is a small sub if it is a Bose or infinity system. If not then it's the way the deck and speakers are paired together. If you replaced those SH!# stock speakers with after market ones the sound would probably be much quieter. Car companies use very small magnets on their speakers so the small amounts of power from the crap stock decks will make them sound good!

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
"how can it be that nissan maxima 89 stock bose sound system sound way better "

i think the Maxima sound systems sound like ass, they are way way way too muddy

not sure why anyone would want a system to sound like it

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I think it has to do with the speakers and the acoustics in the car. My wife has a 99 Accord LX and it sounds better than mine does. I changed out the speakers with Sony Xplod and that helped out a ton. I can live with it now. I'm changing the headunit next week and putting my amp and bass shakers back in. Should sound a lot better. The speakers were a must though. Change those and it is a lot better.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Anythony do you power those speakers with your stock deck?
I plan on getting POLK DB650's for my car using the stock head unit. They sound crisp and clean with a aftermarket deck and worse if there amplified. Hopefully the stock deck would sound just as good.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Feb/14/04 said:
Bose systems are notorious for having no midrange -- my parents both own Infinitis and I would totally agree with that.
Nah, I think bose is know for their midrange and their highs. I think their lows are not up to par with aftermarket subs though.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
I had a 93 oldsmobile with four speakers, then I upgraded to the teg with 6, I was like "WOW!"
Then I got a TL loaner car with the bose, and was like "DAMN!"
one day, I'm going to dress up really nice and go test drive a 7 series BMW, they have like 11 speakers or something, harmon karmon.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
its called 6x9's....cars with 6x9s generally have that "sub-like" sound without the vibrating. Our tegs have only 6.5" speakers which aren't that great.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Infamous on Feb/14/04 said:
I plan on getting POLK DB650's for my car using the stock head unit. They sound crisp and clean with a aftermarket deck and worse if there amplified. Hopefully the stock deck would sound just as good.
If it's a good amp then it won't make them sound worse
at all, also I doubt they'll sound as good of the stock deck just becuase the processing isn't near as good as aftermarket decks (most of them)

As for boss, sound is relative to the listener so some will like it some won't, but amping won't hurt a sound unless the amp is junk.
Later,
Jared

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.