Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked around on here and wasn't seeing to any threads on lowering the Orginal seats in the integra without doing a seat swap. I saw that there was the del-sol option but it wouldn't be a very good fit with a tan interor. I would think bucket seat but I am not trying to go that far yet, I want to wait until I can get a good one.

So the main question is does anyone have a good way to lower the stock seat, with maybe some kind of modifcation to the seat or maybe the actual rails its on. I am about 6'2"-6'3" and have to lean quite alot not to touch the roof just really think it would make the car that much nicer if there was a good fix without seat swaping.

·
Super Moderator
3,245 Posts
Is your LS a coupe or a sedan?

If it's a sedan, you can get about an inch by swapping to coupe seat rails.

If it's a coupe, you need a different seat, and Del Sols are about the only factory option around.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
No, the SRD's aren't a "good" drop, if anything they are very close to stock Teg seat height.

As Dave mentions, the Del Sol seats are sears where a good amount of headroom is gained

·
Super Moderator
3,245 Posts
The Del Sols are the only factory seats that will give you a drop in a coupe. I've heard anecdotal reports that the stock 'Sol rails (Civic EG) are lower than the stock DC rails, but hanving had both in my hands a while back, they were identical.

As for my reason for recommending stock seats...it's about safety. @MorningZ and others will tell you I can get a little crazy with my safety nazi stuff, but having almost died twice in EG/DC chassis, I can honestly say that a factory seat offers the best crash survivablilty short of a fully caged car with a containment seat, HANS, helmet, fire suit, etc.

Good Del Sol seats are getting rare, and recovering them is expensive, but the search is totally worth it IMO.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Makes total sense overall, I mean in one of these it does seem way to excessive to run a proper 'Fixed' bucket or just something like the SRD recaro. I mean maybe if it was a type R or maybe even a GSR I would consider something like that in a more serious sense. But I am just looking for something that would look stock and seat me lower. Plus it seems kind of like a bucket can also be a bad idea in just a trying not to get my car stolen/ pulled over stand point.

Perhaps if I got a little more serious with tuning my integra in the future I might go back to looking for a bucket, but for now it sounds like I am just going to live with it or find del-sol seats and try to figure something out to make them match the tan interor.

Thanks for the responses its really appreacted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts