Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what brand are they?? i was changing my plugs today and noticed the plug wires were sumitomo, and they said 1997 witch is the year of my car if that matters.
BTW i put bosch platinums in it, any comments or complaints about these?

thanx in advance
easy

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I don't know if the stock plug wire is NGK but it could be. If i were you, i would get something good like Nuology wires. Expensive but well worth it with an ignition box. The cheapest thing you can do is get thicker wires, that'll have better insulation upon detination. Oh yea, the bosch platinum 4 are a bunch of crap in my opinion. When i put those in, i felt nothing but then when i got zex spark plugs...boy did i feel a kick in my car's performance. Every car is different so you might feel it or not.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
From what I've heard many times solely from discussions on this site, there are two types of wires you should use: OEM or Magnecore!

BTW, sumitomo makes good tires, so they prob make good wires... is there anything else they make?

·
Registered
212 Posts
integragsr6 on 06/June/2002 said:
I don't know if the stock plug wire is NGK but it could be. If i were you, i would get something good like Nuology wires. Expensive but well worth it with an ignition box. The cheapest thing you can do is get thicker wires, that'll have better insulation upon detination. Oh yea, the bosch platinum 4 are a bunch of crap in my opinion. When i put those in, i felt nothing but then when i got zex spark plugs...boy did i feel a kick in my car's performance. Every car is different so you might feel it or not.
Nology wire' advertising is a bunch of crap. We all now you will get no HP gains from replacing your wires. If you check out the magnecore website they tell you why.

For the Bosch Plat 4 I have no complaints. My mpg might not have improved too much, but it didn't go down either. If you weren't satisfied with them you could have returned them. Bosch guarantees you feel the difference or your money back.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no one answered my question...

what are the stock plugs??? no name or sumitomo or WHAT?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Nology wire' advertising is a bunch of crap. We all now you will get no HP gains from replacing your wires. If you check out the magnecore website they tell you why. said:
For the Bosch Plat 4 I have no complaints. My mpg might not have improved too much, but it didn't go down either. If you weren't satisfied with them you could have returned them. Bosch guarantees you feel the difference or your money back.
Nuology wires of course are sh*t if you don't have a MSD ignition box and better spark plugs. Why do you think each wire has its own damn ground? Because it has the capablility to use a lot of spark upon detination. Plus, yes your right that you can return the platinum 4 and get your money back so go ahead and give them a try.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
My '99 GS-R came with Nippondensos stock. The manual specifies either NGK or Denso. I personally like the standard Bosch platinums - I believe they perform just as well as, if not better than, the NGK's or Densos and they are much cheaper. I open the gap up slightly (.005") on them because of their lower arc-over voltage. Run a search and check the performance articles for more info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts