Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. i was wondering to go back to stock muffler... but right now i have like 2,5" pipe... Do i have to get new pipe??

Does anybody has stock muffler for free??? lol or for cheap??? thanks

·
Registered
599 Posts
I recently switched back to my stock muffler with 2.25in piping with no problems. Although I know the flow isn't as efficient as it was before. I am willing to make that sacrifice because crusing at 4400 at 80mph droned a bit in the cabin.

More so I just wanted to have a quiter car now a days. However, since I switched back to the stock muffler it makes this buzzing sound from 2.5-3.5 rpm's and opens up (noise wise) under wot. Overall I like it, sounds "raw".

The muffler shop will find a way to taper or make the 2.5 fit the factory piping once again.

Goodluck

·
Registered
331 Posts
with a 2.5 pipe and stock muffler, it will rattle and make a little noise but you do get a very nice outflow, and plus it is pretty quiet too. I have that on mine with a very long resonator (3")..... I actually like it a lot apart of the rattle noise and I feel i lost some gas mileage as well.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i GOT A STOCK MUFFLER, 25 BUCKS AND ITS YOURS...

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
where do you located xander?? and is it with the pipe or just the muffler??

is there any aftermarket muffler that's not that loud and affordable??? anybody know??

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm located at Stanton, I have just the muffler.

·
Registered
166 Posts
st3v3nz on Sep/17/07 said:
where do you located xander?? and is it with the pipe or just the muffler??

is there any aftermarket muffler that's not that loud and affordable??? anybody know??
performance muffler + quite = not very affordable...ive been looking into this a bit this past week. from the posts i read, there is the RS-R exmag exhaust that is supposedly fairly quite - prices ive seen online are like $600 for the catback exhaust. Now if you want quiter while keeping performance in mind, your going to have to spend more and get a twin loop system. Mugen sells one for around $1000 for the catback exhaust...for both of these, i havent been able to find JUST the muffler, doesnt seem like they are sold separately. im looking for a super quite exhaust setup right now, so if anyone else has any other suggestions let me know as well.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
^^ stock gsr is 2" piping. Stock ITR (jdm or usdm) is 2.25".

Stock mufflers are 1.91 - 2.0" in diameter -- so yes, putting one on your 2.5" exhaust will produce a major bottleneck. You can get a stock-sounding higher flow muffler (2.5") for a good price though, theres no need to go back to stock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.