Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the voltage outputs from the map sensor are? want to log vac/boost with my Techedge. As of now, I can get a raw voltage, but I don't know what formulat to use to convert it to inHg of vaccum and PSI of boost.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
If anything, it should be 0-5V, but without a Helms manual in front of me, I won't know for sure.

Whay are you logging your techedge to the TPS sensor anyway?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is 0-5v. and i'm logging my MAP sensor, not my TPS. I need to log the MAP sensor so I can see at what boost or vac. level i'm running lean/rich so i can adjust it accordingly. What I am saying is, when the MAP reads (example) 3.54v, what's the boost pressure? when it reads 1.1v, what's the vac. pressure? etc.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
My bad, I must have misread you saying TPS somewhere.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
i'm pretty sure it's relatively linear, starting "around" 0v for 28" of vac, and "around" 5v for 1bar of positive pressure.

i can pull more exact numbers from my aem computer if you need them.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
alright, i have 3 right now, for my particular sensor (i'm sure there's slight variance between sensors, but not enough to throw anything in this type of application):

full vacuum - 28"vac - 0.32v
full boost - 10.94psi - 4.84v
ambient - 0"vac - ~2.8v

interpolate the numbers in between, and see how that works. if it's not accurate enough, let me know, and i'll datalog the aem ems's LOAD and MAP RAW and make a whole graph of it for you, but i couldn't get that posted till tomorrow night probably.

edit: what management system are you using to tune?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'm using uberdata in conjunction with a techedge 2.0 for datalogging, and a romulator for tuning. If you could get that full graph for me, just so i could double check it would be great! basically, I built my palm pilot hotsync cradle into my integra, and wired it into my wideband. So my palm pilot shows my a/f, RPM, and after i get this working right my boost. You can set alarms and stuff too so it will beep at me when i overboost or run too lean. thanks alot daboynblu! i really owe you!

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
alright, i'll try to have an idle to ~6-7psi MAP vs MAP RAW graph by tomorrow. it's really no problem at all.

do you have the newest TE 2.0? i've been considering doing the fixes to get the internal datalogging to work on mine(i have the very first, buggy, 2.0), but i just don't really know if it's handy enough, having the aem ems's datalogging capabilities and all.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Here is the MAP table for the stock unit from the Haynes manual. Sorry I don't have the boost, but the output is linear and can be extrapolated for boost.

Vacuum (inHg) / Voltage (V)

0 / 3.0
5 / 2.5
10 / 2.0
15 / 1.5
20 / 1.0
25 / 0.5

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
blah, and after all that work i just did

my helms doesn't have that kind of data for the map sensor, it's just got this real inaccurate, and very tiny, line graph.

i have my sensor's MAP vs MAP VOLTS graphed for every ~0.5" Hg, from 25"vac to 7.251psi, incase you still want the anecdotal data.

my data did stray from that table above by up to as much as 0.2-0.3v in some places.

i also scatterplotted my sensor's output, and it was very linear, and the linear regression equation for it was the following:
y=ax+b
a=0.1857973
b=2.9392398
r^2=0.998 (very good fit)

with the above equation you can fill in every cell for the TE's sensor calibration.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Yes, I've noticed also the Helms doesn't have the tables for the sensors. The reason for this is simple. The Helms is made for the dealership and the dealership is never going to test your sensor to see if its bad. If they suspect its bad, they will replace it.

The Haynes manual on the other hand is designed for the Do-it-yourself'er who is trying to save money. So, it has voltage and resistance tables for several of the sensors, and the proper procedures for testing all the sensors for correct operation. The Helms manual has procedures for indicating suspected problems, but it doesn't actually verify a sensor is malfunctioning.

A lot of people on this site bash the Haynes manual and its really uncalled for. Quite frankly, the Helms and the Haynes were written with two completely different goals in mind and I think having BOTH of them is critical.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts