Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to buy a new tranny for my b16. I can get the stock lsd for that tranny for 300 bucks canadian or should I wait and get an aftermarket later? Is the stock as strong as any others?

·
Registered
801 Posts
The OEM design is designed spefically to withstand the wear and tear from a b16. The only way that I would want to spend more money to get a stronger LSD is if it were going to be working with a highly modified engine; and at that point you would probably want to beef up the rest of your tranny at the same time.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
the stock LSD is a gear or torsen-like type.

the aftermarket ones come as gear type like a quaife or clutch type like the kaaz, cusco, spoon, or mugen. I believe obx makes a gear type clone of inferior quality to the quaife.

gear types aren't rebuildable but are pretty strong.

clutch type can be pretty strong but don't hold up to the loads of the quaife but are rebuildable.

the stock torsen-like lsd in the itr is ok but not as strong as the aftermarket ones.

how much tq are you making? if it's less than 125 lb ft then you're fine with the stock one and that's not a bad price for an LSD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.