Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey team integra. I got a 1999 ls integra with a stock b18c sir-g motor and gsr tranny. I have id 1000cc injectors, walbro 255, arp headstuds skunk2 intake manifold, and a gt35r ball bearing turbo with ebay intercooler kit with piping, tial wastegate, and honestly I dont know the name of my bov pulled it off my boys turbo partout.. Plan is to out the b18c on boost and make 400whp. Going to be on e85 I live in miami so its pretty readily available.
Looking for opinions on a good turbo manifold im going to be running a s300 with greddy prof spec b controller. Like I said looking for 400whp so any ideas for a good turbo manifold, exhaust size, and does anybody have something similiar to this set up?
Was given the suggestion of running a thicker head gasket too. Any ideas? Please and thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
id start with a compression check to see if the motors healthy. a Thicker head gasket to drop the comp a bit is a must plus if you haven't installed the ARP headstuds ya gota replace the the head gasket anyway.

I don't think your 400hp goal is realistic on Stock internals you might hit it a few times but The longevity of the motor will be questionable.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I managed to get a healthy 100% stock b18b1 and make 300whp and drive it daily for about 6 months of constant beating. The motor im getting is right off of hmotorsonline.com and from my experience and othera that I know have come out with motors that look like they havent even been ran before. Im sure they degrease the engine. But they always come out with excellent compression.
I will be using arp headstuds and a thicker head gasket.
Ive never ran the e85 on a turbo motor and thinking I can manage making 400whp with the head studs thicker gasket and e85. Ive seen usdm gsr b18c1 stock with studs make 450whp and daily driven but usually last 6 months or so until ringlands start to go.
You think running the thincker head gasket along with studs with the help of e85 to run my motor cooler in the combustion chamber help make the 400whp and turbo will probably be replaced with a gt30 instead of a 35r. Still need ideas for turbo manifold.

·
Registered
165 Posts
When getting into the 300+ you need to look at efficiency of the manifold a cast log type isn't gonna cut it. Also what your willing to sacrifice IE power steering/ Air con to make space for said manifold. I personally check out neukin for turbo manifolds. Good selection great customer service and will make sure you get what you want the first time Neukin - Honda Turbo Manifolds, Intercoolers and Radiators!

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
400WHP is nothing new on a stock long-block, definitely doable. The only concern would be longevity...

·
Registered
76 Posts
400WHP is nothing new on a stock long-block, definitely doable. The only concern would be longevity...

Lol it wasn't sarcasm , I was being serious, if he makes 400 with his set up I might switch mine, as my set up isn't going to be stock I would like to build a 400- 460 build with reliability/durability.. What is your build if you have one??

·
Administrator
3,607 Posts
id start with a compression check to see if the motors healthy. a Thicker head gasket to drop the comp a bit is a must plus if you haven't installed the ARP headstuds ya gota replace the the head gasket anyway.

I don't think your 400hp goal is realistic on Stock internals you might hit it a few times but The longevity of the motor will be questionable.
Why? I was 400+whp on stock internals for 2 years, and that was regular 93 pump fuel. Why isn't it possible? And why does he need to lower compression. The stock compression is perfect for turbo spool, and daily driving.

But really I would consider consider doing a minor bottom end build . ARP rod bolts shot peening the rods and a lower comp dished pistion and a cylinder rehone. But that's just me
Again, why? I agree with ARP head studs, but as long as a compression and leak-down test show that the motor is healthy, building any on the bottom end really isn't necessary.

400whp is definitely doable. Longevity comes into play on how hard the vehicle gets driven, and how well the tune is.

Folks, gone are the days where lowering compression is required for boost. The technology with the tuning software that's available now takes away the need for doing anything like that. For a 400whp goal, the stock compression is perfect. Also, use an OEM headgasket. They're reliable, and of good quality.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did this motor ever reach its 400whp goal? And how long did it last for? Looking into doing the same. GT35R with some E85, thinking of some Tuner 2’s or Pro1’s to help make the power goal easier. Lmk how your build went and how long it lasted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts