Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the stock intake on the teg basically a short ram intake? I was thinking about making me a short ram intake with some pvc piping, but was also thinking, that the stock intake sort of is one...what do u guys say...leave the stock, or go sri...?

·
Registered
736 Posts
It is in a sense. The stock intake tube is ribbed which some people say causes dirupted airflow. However, unlike stock intakes, the short ram intake's filter will be open in the engine bay without the airbox and i think most importantly, the restrictive air resonator box. SRI tubes are usually smooth on the inside and some people will argue that for that feature, the airflow is better than stock.

·
Registered
736 Posts
That is ghetto riggin at its best. Your best bet it to pop the twenty dollars and get a cheapo e-bay SRI. Rigging up it all up would be more than its worth than to replace.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but it'll only cost like 6 bucks or so...nice and cheap...works the same im assuming...

but how does the stock filter fit into the end of the pvc pipe? Wut do u use to hold it in?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had done a test a while ago, I took an AEM filter, a piece of 3 inch aluminum pipe (part of a cheap ass ebay intake) and 2 hose clamps, you take the piece of pipe and jam it into your stock intake hose, it fits pretty good actually, then use one hose clamp to hold it in place, you put the filter on the other end and use the other hose clamp to hold it in place. With this setup you can actually fit the cone filter into the stock airbox if you want to. I did a test between the setup with no airbox, the setup with the airbox and an AEM short ram. and to be completely honest, there isn't much difference. You can VERY SLIGHTLY feel more with the AEM intake in place, but by no means enough to justify the cost of the intake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.