Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have a problem with the skunk2 test pipe not lining up with the stock header? i drive a 2000 gsr. and the bung hole not being on the right side of the test pipe?

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Skunk2 products are typically pretty well designed, are you sure that you recieved the right part.

There are two different ones:

Part # 414-05-0050 - 94-99 GSR
Part # 414-05-0055 - 94-01 RS/LS/GS, TypeR, and 00-01 GSR

My guess would be that the one you need should have the o2 boss on the outlet end of the pipe. (for the secondary sensor being that your primary sensor is in the A-pipe/collector)

If the on that you have has the o2 boss on the inlet end of the pipe, chances are that you ended up with the one for a 94-99 GSR. (location for primary sensor)

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
inteGReddy on Sep/20/07 said:
your test pipe has a bung hole on it? thats weird. if its too short, you got the gsr on the ls. if its too long you got the ls on the gsr.
Why is that wierd? That is a good part of the reason that a Skunk2 or an Invidia testpipe cost so much more than an E-bay one, they are made to fit properly.

If it is wierd because you are comparing it to the one for your car (94 LS), it's because you have an OBD1 model where the primary O2 sensor is in the exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jesussaves4024 on Sep/20/07 said:
..flip it the other way around.
wont work if i flip it around, one side has 2 holes for bolts and the other side needs 3, and th eheader wont fit into the test pipe if i flipped it. im thinking i got the wrong one.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GSR624 on Sep/20/07 said:
Skunk2 products are typically pretty well designed, are you sure that you recieved the right part.

There are two different ones:

Part # 414-05-0050 - 94-99 GSR
Part # 414-05-0055 - 94-01 RS/LS/GS, TypeR, and 00-01 GSR

My guess would be that the one you need should have the o2 boss on the outlet end of the pipe. (for the secondary sensor being that your primary sensor is in the A-pipe/collector)

If the on that you have has the o2 boss on the inlet end of the pipe, chances are that you ended up with the one for a 94-99 GSR. (location for primary sensor)

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
ya this makes sense, sounds like i did get the 94-99 gsr test pipe instead. the o2 bung needs to be on the outlet part.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.